Who should not take Orlistat?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a condition with low thyroid hormone levels
- a high amount of oxalic acid in urine
- anorexia nervosa
- damage to the liver and inflammation
- blockage of normal bile flow
- abnormal absorption of food nutrients in the gastrointestinal tract
- calcium oxalate kidney stones
- decreased kidney function
- abnormal liver function tests
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Orlistat?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.