What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering SYNJARDY XR to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Not Recommended:
- Not Recommended:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: NO KNOWN INFANT ADVERSE OUTCOMES; MFR ADVISES CAUTION
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAILABLE
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Renal-Empagliflozin can increase serum creatinine and risk is highest in pre-existing renal impairment. More frequent monitoring is necessary with eGFR<60mL/min and discontinue if<45mL/min. Urosepsis and pyelonephritis reported in post-marketing studies. Cardiovascular-Empagliflozin causes an osmotic diuresis which can lead to low intravascular volume, orthostatic BP changes and falls. Endocrine-Ketoacidosis reported with glucose levels lower than expected (<250mg/dL).
- management or monitoring precaution: Renal-Increased risk for drug induced metabolic acidosis with increasing age and declining renal function. Metformin is contraindicated in patients with an eGFR below 30 mL/min. Cardiovascular-Heart failure patients may have a higher risk for metabolic acidosis.
Giving Haloperidol to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: No safety and efficacy established in pediatrics.
- Severe Precaution: Rare reports of cholestatic and hepatocellular injury. No pediatric safety/efficacy of extended release dose form.
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Synjardy XR?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.