Who should not take INTRON A?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- an infection due to a fungus
- overactive thyroid gland
- a condition with low thyroid hormone levels
- diabetic retinopathy, a type of damage to the eye from diabetes
- high amount of triglyceride in the blood
- disease in which body has immune response against itself
- decreased function of bone marrow
- significant anemia
- increased risk of bleeding due to clotting disorder
- decreased blood platelets
- low levels of white blood cells
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- mental problems
- suicidal thoughts
- thoughts of hurting or killing others
- drug abuse
- a heart attack
- cardiomyopathy, a disease of the heart muscle
- abnormal heart rhythm
- a type of inflammation of the lung called interstitial pneumonitis
- x-ray results showing lung tissue changes
- liver inflammation resulting from an abnormal immune response
- liver failure
- mild to moderate kidney impairment
- systemic lupus erythematosus, an autoimmune disease
- rheumatoid arthritis
- a mother who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- retinal eye changes caused by high blood pressure
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using interferon alfa-2b injection?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.