Digoxin/Selected Hepatitis C Agents Interactions
This information is generalized and not intended as specific medical advice. Consult your healthcare professional before taking or discontinuing any drug or commencing any course of treatment.
Moderate. These medicines may cause some risk when taken together. Contact your healthcare professional (e.g. doctor or pharmacist) for more information.
How the interaction occurs:
Your hepatitis C medicine may change how your body processes digoxin.
What might happen:
Your blood levels of digoxin may increase causing loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, weakness, blurred vision, confusion, and a fast or slow or irregular heartbeat.
What you should do about this interaction:
Let your healthcare professionals (e.g. doctor or pharmacist) know that you are taking these medicines together. You may need to have your blood level of digoxin checked, and your dose may need to be adjusted. Notify your doctor if you are experiencing nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, fast or slow or irregular heartbeat, or vision changes (e.g. blurred vision or yellow/green halos around objects).Your healthcare professionals may already be aware of this interaction and may be monitoring you for it. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicine before checking with them first.
- 1.Harvoni (ledipasvir and sofosbuvir) prescribing information. Gilead Sciences November, 2017.
- 2.Viekirax (ombitasvir, paritaprevir, ritonavir) UK summary of product characteristics. AbbVie Limited May 16, 2016.
- 3.Viekira Pak (ombitasvir, paritaprevir, and ritonavir; dasabuvir) US prescribing information. AbbVie Inc. November, 2017.
- 4.Epclusa (sofosbuvir and velpatasvir) US prescribing information. Gilead Sciences, Inc. November, 2017.
- 5.Vosevi (sofosbuvir/velpatasvir/voxilaprevir) US prescribing information. Gilead Sciences, Inc. November, 2017.
- 6.Davis B and Pimentel J. Personal Communications: Harvoni. Gilead Sciences November 14 and 18, 2014.
- 7.Lanoxin (digoxin) Tablets US prescribing information. Covis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. August, 2018.
- 8.Mavyret (glecaprevir and pibrentasvir) US prescribing information. AbbVie Inc. April, 2019.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.