Who should not take Atenolol W/Chlorthalidone Oral?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- type 2 diabetes mellitus
- type 1 diabetes mellitus
- high cholesterol
- a type of joint disorder due to excess uric acid in the blood called gout
- low amount of magnesium in the blood
- high amount of calcium in the blood
- low amount of sodium in the blood
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- decreased kidney function
- high amount of uric acid in the blood
- cessation of urine production
- acid base problem with low chloride and basic pH blood
- myasthenia gravis, a skeletal muscle disorder
- complete heart block
- second degree atrioventricular heart block
- sinus bradycardia
- Raynaud's phenomenon, a condition where blood vessels constrict too much with coldness or stress
- worsening of debilitating chronic lung disease called COPD
- blood circulation failure due to serious heart condition
- abnormal liver function tests
- acutely decompensated HF requiring parenteral inotropic therapy
- chronic kidney disease stage 3B (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
Are you currently using Atenolol W/Chlorthalidone Oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.