What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Dalpro Capsule to Children or the Elderly?
Sorry, we have no data available. Please contact your doctor or pharmacist.
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Contraindicated or Not Recommended: CONTRAINDICATED FOR USE IN MIGRAINE PROPHYLAXIS.
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: LIMITED DATA SUGGEST MINIMAL AMNT EXCRETED;MONITOR INFANT FOR ADVERSE EFFECTS
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Hepatic-Elderly may have slower metabolism and protein binding which requires dosage reduction. Monitor closely. Neuro/Psych-Use caution in elderly with a history of recurrent falls. Drug may produce somnolence, ataxia, impaired psychomotor function, syncope, and additional falls. Monitor fluid and nutritional intake and avoid dehydration. Musculoskeletal-Postmarketing reports of fractures, decreased bone mineral density, osteopenia, osteoporosis.
Giving Dalpro Capsule to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Risk of fatal hepatotoxicity, especially for younger children, children with POLG gene mutations, and children on multiple anticonvulsants. Monitor closely for liver impairment including non-specific symptoms (e.g., lethargy, facial edema, vomiting). Rare risk of severe pancreatitis.
- management or monitoring precaution: Counsel post-menarche females on teratogenicity and appropriate contraception. Risk of fatal hepatotoxicity, especially for younger children, children with POLG gene mutations, and children on multiple anticonvulsants. Monitor closely for liver impairment including non-specific symptoms (e.g., lethargy, facial edema,vomiting). Rare risk of severe pancreatitis.
- Severe Precaution: Risk of serious or fatal hepatotoxicity in age <2 years especially with multiple anticonvulsants, and mitochondrial disease associated with POLG gene mutation. Use as single agent and monitor closely for liver impairment, including non-specific symptoms (e.g., lethargy, facial edema,vomiting).
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.