What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering MESALAMINE ER to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Not Recommended:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: METABOLITE EXCRETED IN HIGH LEVELS W/UNKNWN INFANT RISK;FEW CASES OF DIARRHEA
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Renal-Monitor renal function as elderly are more sensitive to renal toxicity. Higher AUC and decreased elimination observed. Hematologic-Increased risk of neutropenia or pancytopenia. Monitor complete blood cell counts and platelet counts in elderly patients during treatment.
Giving Haloperidol to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Safety and efficacy not established age < 5 years.
- Severe Precaution: Safety and efficacy not established weight < 24 kg.
- Severe Precaution: Safety and effectiveness not established in pediatric patients.
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using mesalamine ER?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.