Who should not take CISPLATIN?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a bad infection
- acute leukemia
- low amount of magnesium in the blood
- low amount of calcium in the blood
- low amount of sodium in the blood
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- hemolytic uremic syndrome, a condition that affects the kidney and the blood
- decreased blood platelets
- low levels of white blood cells
- a painful condition that affects the nerves in the legs and arms called peripheral neuropathy
- sudden blindness and pain upon moving the eye
- ototoxicity, damage to the inner ear that affects hearing or balance
- hearing loss
- a heart attack
- a clot in the lung
- a stroke
- inflammation of blood vessels in the brain or spinal cord
- Raynaud's phenomenon, a condition where blood vessels constrict too much with coldness or stress
- blood clot in a deep vein of the extremities
- thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura, a type of blood disorder
- decreased kidney function
- high amount of uric acid in the blood
- a mother who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- TPMT poor metabolizer
- a type of brain disorder called posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome
- a clot in the aorta
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using cisplatin vial?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.