What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering TRUVADA to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Not Recommended:
- Not Recommended:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: LIMITED DATA SUGGEST NO KNOWN ADVERSE EFFECTS IN NURSING INFANT
- Precaution: CDC DOES NOT RECOMMEND BREASTFEEDING IN HIV-POSITIVE WOMEN.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Renal-Adjust dosing interval for CrCL<50mL/min. Fixed dose combinations containing tenofovir are not appropriate if dose adjustment is required. Musculoskeletal-Decreases in bone mineral density have been observed. Consider calcium and vitamin D3 supplementation.
- management or monitoring precaution: Renal- Adhere to manufacturer guidelines for renal impairment and lower CrCL.
Giving Haloperidol to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Unknown effects on bone development with long term use. Safety and efficacy not established for weight < 17 kg.
- Severe Precaution: Risk of lower bone density than expected for developing pediatric patients with tenofovir use. Assess BMD with history of fracture or bone loss. Fixed dose combination may be inappropriate and not indicated for HIV treatment in patients with weight < 17 kg. Not indicated for HIV PrEP in patients with weight <35 kg.
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Truvada?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.