What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Endacof-Plus Liquid to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Only When Necessary: NEONATAL WITHDRAWAL/RESP.DEPRESS. W/CHRONIC OR HIGH DOSE; SMALL TERATOGENIC RISK
- Only When Necessary: EVIDENCE FOR MALFORMATIONS; CAN REDUCE UTERINE BLOOD FLOW CAUSING FETAL HYPOXIA
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: MONITOR FOR CHANGES IN RESPIRATION, GI EFFECTS, SEDATION, FEEDING PATTERNS
- Precaution: ORAL BIOAVAILABILITY LOW; INFANT EXPOSURE MAY BE MINIMAL
- Precaution: NOT RECOMMENDED. MAY CAUSE PARADOXICAL EXCITATION/INHIBIT LACTATION.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Pulmonary-Respiratory depression is more likely to occur in elderly, as they may have altered pharmacokinetics due to poor fat stores, muscle wasting, or altered clearance. Neuro/Psych-Risk for confusion, delirium and falls. Avoid treatment with 3 or more CNS active agents. Gastrointestinal-Constipation risk. Renal-Impaired function may lead to increased toxicity due to accumulation of parent compound and metabolites. Cardiovascular-Monitor for hypotension with high doses.
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Elderly are more sensitive to tachycardia and hypertensive effects. May exacerbate symptomatic coronary insufficiency. Genitourinary-May cause urinary retention. Neuro/Psych-May worsen cognitive impairment in some elderly with dementia. Insomnia risk.
- management or monitoring precaution: Neuro/Psych-Anticholinergic effects may cause sedation, worsen cognitive impairment and increase fall risk. Non-sedating agents preferred. Gastrointestinal-May cause or worsen pre-existing constipation. Genitourinary-Best avoided in patients with urinary retention from any cause.
Giving Endacof-Plus Liquid to a child under 12
- Contraindication: Not recommended age < 6 years without clinician consultation.
- Contraindication: Risk of respiratory depression, breathing problems. Contraindicated age< 6 years.
- Severe Precaution: Risk of respiratory depression, slowed or difficult breathing, and exposure to the risk of addiction with misuse and abuse. Not indicated in pediatrics.
- Contraindication: No safety and efficacy age <2 years. CNS excitation and seizure risk in newborns.
- Contraindication: Risk of CNS excitation. Do not use age <6 years without clinician consult.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.