What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Asmanex Twisthaler 220 Mcg (120 Doses) Breath Activated to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: ACOG GUIDELINES REC INHALED CORTICOSTEROIDS FOR ASTHMA TREATMENT IN PREGNANCY
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: UNLIKELY CLINICALLY SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT EXCRETED WITH TOP/NASAL ADMINISTRATION
If you are an adult over 60
Giving Asmanex Twisthaler 220 Mcg (120 Doses) Breath Activated to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: May reduce growth rate; monitor growth and titrate to lowest effective dose.
- Severe Precaution: May cause reduced growth rate. Potential HPA-axis suppression. Safety and efficacy not established age < 4 years.
- management or monitoring precaution: May cause growth delay. Monitor growth rate and titrate to lowest effective dose.
- Severe Precaution: Higher doses increase the risk of growth delay and possible HPA-axis suppression. 110 mcg strength approved ages 4-11 years. Titrate to lowest effective dose. Monitor growth rate.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.