What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Phenergan Vial to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Only When Necessary: CAUTION WITH USE; RISK OF PLATELET AGGREGATION IN NEWBORN
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: LIMITED AMOUNT MAY BE EXCRETED DUE TO LOW MW; MONITOR INFANT FOR RESP DEPRESS
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Neuro/Psych-Anticholinergic effects may cause sedation, worsen cognitive impairment and increase fall risk. Gastrointestinal-May cause or worsen pre-existing constipation. Genitourinary-Best avoided in patients with urinary retention from any cause.
Giving Phenergan Vial to a child under 12
- Contraindication: Potential for fatal respiratory depression age < 2 years. Avoid use.
- Severe Precaution: Caution:use the lowest effective dose due to risk of respiratory depression.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.