Who should not take Lenalidomide?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a type of cancer of the lymph nodes called Hodgkin's lymphoma
- overactive thyroid gland
- a condition with low thyroid hormone levels
- a significant decrease in certain blood clotting cells called platelets
- a heart attack
- a clot in the lung
- obstruction of a blood vessel by a blood clot
- blood clot in a deep vein of the extremities
- liver problems
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- a significant drop in a certain type of white blood cell called a neutrophil
- acute thromboembolic stroke
- therapy-related acute myeloid leukemia
- chronic kidney disease stage 3A (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 3B (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Lenalidomide?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.