What Are the Symptoms of Dizziness?
The symptoms of dizziness are:
Call Your Doctor About Dizziness If:
- You also have tinnitus (ringing in the ears), hearing loss, or pressure or fullness in the ear. You may have Meniere's disease.
- You have severe vertigo (dizziness) with nausea and vomiting and can't keep food down.
- You also have double vision or slurred speech -- you may have suffered a stroke.
- You feel lightheaded and you are an older person, or it happens after exercising.
- You feel lightheaded frequently after standing up -- you may have orthostatic hypotension.
- You pass out, also calling losing consciousness or syncope.
- Your dizziness is long-lasting.