Health & Cooking Features
Vegan Recipes for Carnivores
- 10 Healthy Holiday Party Tips
Ready to throw a guilt-free holiday bash? Just follow these surefire tips.
- How to Make Garlic and Herb Infused Oils
Enjoy flavored oils? Learn to make your own.
- How to Keep Food Safe in the Hot Weather
Summer picnics shouldn't end with food poisoning. Learn about food safety in hot weather.
- How to Pressure Can Food
Step-by-step tips on how to start pressure canning.
- How to Pick, Store, Make, and Enjoy Coffee
Learn how to drink coffee like an expert.
- How to Use Your Microwave
Learn about your microwave, including how it works, how to use it, and more.
- How to Freeze Food
Learn about freezing foods, including how to freeze fruits and vegetables so that they retain their nutrients.
- Cooking 101: How to Cook Rice
Step-by-step tips on how to cook rice.
- How to Can Meat and Poultry at Home
Want to find out how to can meat and poultry at home? Learn more about the procedures and tips on how to use pressure cans.
- How to Start a Veggie and Herb Garden
Learn how to start a veggie and herb garden, including beginner crops, set up, and care.
- How to Avoid Food Waste
Looking for ways to stop throwing out food? Read on to learn ways to save food and fight climate change while you’re at it.
- 8 Food Storage Mistakes You’re Making
Learn about 8 ways to store food better and prevent food waste.
- Fiber: How Much Do You Need?
Ways to get more fiber in your diet.
- Getting Too Much of Vitamins And Minerals
Find out why taking too many vitamins and minerals can be unhealthy and even dangerous. Be sure you’re getting the right amount.
- The Truth About Beet Juice
Research finds potential health benefits from drinking beet juice. Learn more.
- Favorite Holiday Foods Made Healthier
We often turn to the same festive foods during the holidays. Here are makeover tips to make them healthier but still delicious.
- Real-Life Food Choices
A nutritionist tells four "average" people what they're doing right -- and wrong