Food Poisoning News
- CDC Investigating Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Flour
April 3, 2023 — Reported illnesses started on Dec. 6 and continued through Feb. 13. Those sickened are mostly female and range from 12 to 81 years old.
- Deadly Multistate Listeria Outbreak Linked to Deli Meats, Cheeses
November 10, 2022 — A mysterious new listeria outbreak has killed one person, caused one pregnancy loss, and hospitalized 13 people across six states. Health officials say deli meat and cheese might be the source of the outbreak.
- Old Europe Recalls Brie, Camembert Cheeses
October 3, 2022 — Old Europe Cheese, Inc. of Benton Harbor, Mich., has recalled its brie and camembert cheeses because of potential listeria contamination.
- Wendy’s Pulls Lettuce From Sandwiches in 3 States in E. Coli Probe
August 22, 2022 — Wendy’s is removing romaine lettuce from sandwiches at restaurants in Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania because people became sick after eating them.
- CDC Investigating E. Coli Outbreak in Michigan, Ohio
August 19, 2022 — A “fast-moving” E. coli outbreak of unknown origin has sickened at least 29 people in Michigan and Ohio, the CDC says.
- Protein, Non-Dairy Drinks Recalled Over Contamination Risk
August 1, 2022 — Lyons Magnus LLC voluntarily pulls array of protein drinks from shelves.
- Frozen Blueberries Recalled Over Lead Danger
July 19, 2022 — BrandStorm Inc. is voluntarily recalling frozen blueberries because of the “presence or potential presence” of too much lead, the company said in a statement shared by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Listeria Outbreak Tied to Florida Leaves 1 Dead, 23 Sickened
July 1, 2022 — A listeria outbreak that originated in Florida has killed one person and sickened almost two dozen, the CDC reported Thursday.
- Jif Peanut Butter Recall Expands to Other Products
June 10, 2022 — More than a dozen products using Jif peanut butter have been part of an expanded recall in recent weeks due to a salmonella outbreak. The FDA has created a page to track the recalled products.
- More Jif Products Added to Salmonella Recall List
June 8, 2022 — J.M. Smucker Company has now recalled multiple Jif brand peanut butter types, including creamy, crunchy, natural, and reduced fat. The list of recalled products includes peanut butter cup ice cream, protein power snacks, peanut butter cups, chicken salad, and Walmart-branded fudge.
- Cheese Sold in 9 States Recalled Over Listeria Concerns
June 6, 2022 — Cheeses made by Paris Brothers of Kansas City, Mo., and sold in supermarkets in nine states are being recalled because of potential contamination from listeria.
- 2 Dead From Listeria Outbreak Linked to Dole Packaged Salads
February 4, 2022 — A listeria outbreak linked to Dole packaged salads has resulted in two deaths, the CDC says.
- Don't Let Tainted Turkey Ruin Your Thanksgiving
November 21, 2019 — In a new report, researchers from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention detail the tracking of a recent multistate outbreak of salmonella infections linked to raw turkey products.