Genital Herpes Medical Reference
- What to Know About Donating Blood if You Have an STD
If you have an STD, you may not be able to donate blood for a certain length of time. Learn about the causes, symptoms, and treatment options for STDs today.
- Herpes Test: What You Should Know
Many people with genital herpes don’t have any symptoms. Learn what tests tell you if you have it, what they’re like, and how fast you can get your results.
- What to Expect If You Have Genital Herpes
Genital herpes doesn’t have a cure, but it can be treated. Learn what to expect, how to protect your partners, and what to do if you’re pregnant.
- Common Symptoms of Genital Herpes
WebMD explains the causes, triggers, symptoms, and treatment of genital herpes in men and women.
- Understanding Genital Herpes -- the Basics
From symptoms to treatment to prevention, get the basics on genital herpes from the experts at WebMD.
- Understanding Genital Herpes -- Symptoms
WebMD explains the symptoms of genital herpes.
- Herpes and the Eye
Most people are surprised to find out that two types of herpes viruses -- the one that causes cold sores and the one that causes chickenpox -- can cause serious eye problems. Learn more from WebMD.
- 10 Ways to Reduce the Risk for Genital Herpes
WebMD offers 10 says to reduce the risk of getting and passing genital herpes.
- Should I Join a Genital Herpes Clinical Trial?
Interested in helping to test new treatments for genital herpes? WebMD tells you how.
- Skin and Herpes Simplex Viruses
Learn more from WebMD about the causes, symptoms, and treatment of herpes simplex viruses, which are categorized into two types: type 1 (HSV-1 or oral herpes) and type 2 (HSV-2 or genital herpes).
- Genital Herpes Medications Chart
WebMD provides a guide to the names, side effects, and potential interactions of several medications for genital herpes.
- Genital Herpes Treatments in the Pipeline
Researchers are looking for new ways to fight genital herpes. WebMD tells you about promising treatments on the horizon.
- Treatment Options for Genital Herpes
WebMD explains the drugs used to ease symptoms of genital herpes and perhaps prevent outbreaks.
- Ease Stress and Stay Healthy With Genital Herpes
WebMD offers lifestyle tips for minimizing genital herpes outbreaks.
- Genital Herpes and HIV
Genital herpes can increase the risk of being infected with HIV, the virus that causes AIDS, or cause problems for people already living with HIV. WebMD explains.
- Genital Herpes Resources
WebMD provides genital herpes resources to find support and information.
- What to Do if Your Partner Has Genital Herpes
Genital herpes needn't be a barrier to a healthy sexual relationship with your partner. WebMD offers tips on adapting to the condition.
- Alternative Treatments for Genital Herpes
Self-care measures and some herbs and supplements may help relieve genital herpes symptoms. Learn more from WebMD.
- Pregnancy and Genital Herpes
WebMD explains how to avoid getting genital herpes during pregnancy, and what to do to keep yourself and baby healthy if you already have it.
- Dating With Genital Herpes
Don't let genital herpes keeping you from dating. Some practical tips from WebMD will help you get back in the mix.
- How to Tell Your Partner You Have Genital Herpes
Don't know how to break the news to your partner that you have genital herpes? WebMD offers suggestions for broaching the conversation.
- Genital Herpes and Your Sex Life
WebMD explains how to maintain a good sex life - even if you have genital herpes.
- Frequently Asked Questions When Your Partner Has Genital Herpes
WebMD answers questions you may have upon learning your partner has genital herpes.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Genital Herpes
WebMD answers frequently asked questions about genital herpes - from how it's transmitted to how to prevent against it.
- Genital Herpes and Your Doctor Visit
If you think you might have genital herpes and you're visiting the doctor, bring these questions and illustrations from WebMD for guidance.
- Living With a Genital Herpes Diagnosis
Learning you have genital herpes can unleash a lot of emotions. Here's how to handle your feelings.
- Frequently Asked Questions After a Genital Herpes Diagnosis
When you're newly diagnosed with genital herpes, you'll have questions. WebMD provides answers to the most common of them.
- Tests to Diagnose Genital Herpes
Genital herpes is easily misdiagnosed if the proper tests aren't used. WebMD explains the tests used to accurately diagnose genital herpes.
- Alternative Treatment for Genital Herpes
WebMD looks at alternative treatments, like herbs and supplements, for genital herpes relief.
- What to Ask Your Doctor About Genital Herpes
WebMD provides a list of important questions to ask your doctor about genital herpes if you have just been diagnosed, are living with outbreaks, or just learned your partner has the virus.
- Home Care Measures for Genital Herpes
WebMD offers a few tips for relieving the symptoms of genital herpes.
- Potential Herpes Triggers
WebMD looks at potential triggers of genital herpes symptoms.
- Herpes Simplex Virus: HSV-1 & HSV-2
WebMD explains the two types of herpes simplex virus, including causes, symptoms, and treatment.
- The Basics About Genital Herpes
WebMD explains the herpes simplex virus, including causes and risk factors.
- Sexual Health and Genital Herpes
Genital herpes is a highly contagious infection usually spread through vaginal and anal intercourse. Learn more from WebMD about the symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of this sexually transmitted disease.