Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
1) Ridofranz / Getty Images
2) Rasi Bhadramani / Getty Images
3) (Clockwise from top left) Hero Images / Getty Images, smartstock / Thinkstock, ArtMarie / Getty Images, Soul / Thinkstock
4) vm / Getty Images
5) simonkr / Getty Images
6) Fuse / Getty Images
7) kaisersosa67 / Getty Images
8) AndreyPopov / Getty Images
9) serts / Getty Images
10) monkeybusinessimages / Getty Images
11) MiguelMalo / Getty Images
12) Izabela Habur / Getty Images
National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders: “Age-Related Hearing Loss.”
Johns Hopkins Medicine: “Age-Related Hearing Loss (Presbycusis).”
Mayo Clinic: “Hearing Loss.”
Reviewed by Sabrina Felson, MD on March 30, 2020
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.