Atrial Fibrillation Features
- Living With the Side Effects of AFib
Your life will probably change in some ways after a diagnosis of atrial fibrillation (AFib). The symptoms can lead to shifts in your routine. It’s even normal to feel anxious or fearful at first. But with treatment and some healthy lifestyle changes, you can learn to manage the side effects of AFib.
- Marijuana and AFib
Is marijuana safe when you have AFib? Find out what the experts say.
- Can Yoga Can Help Your AFib?
Find out how yoga can help prevent the speeding up or slowing down of the heartbeat that's common if you have atrial fibrillation (AFib).
- How Do New Blood Thinners Compare to Warfarin?
Find out how warfarin compares to new blood thinners that are prescribed to prevent blood clots and stroke.
- 5 Heart Rate Myths Debunked
Myths and facts about heart rates, including what an erratic heart rate means and the link between your pulse and stress.
- Traveling Safely With Atrial Fibrillation
No need to get anxious about hitting the road when you have atrial fibrillation, or AFib. Plan ahead to make your trip fun and relaxing.
- Can You Exercise With Atrial Fibrillation?
Your heart needs exercise, even when you're living with AFib. A few simple tips can help you do it safely.
- Ease the Stress of a Heart Condition
If you're living with a heart problem, find ways to manage your stress so you feel better and stay healthy.
- Procedures That Reset Your Heart's Rhythm
When medications alone can't get or keep your heartbeat regular, doctors try electrical cardioversion and ablation to relieve symptoms of AFib.
- Medication to Control Your Heart's Rate and Rhythm
Different kinds of medication can treat the irregular heartbeat of AFib, by controlling the rate or the rhythm.
- Symptoms of Atrial Fibrillation
Your guide to signs and symptoms of atrial fibrillation, a heart rhythm disorder.