Atrial Fibrillation News & Features
- New Study Directly Links Air Pollution to Heart Problems
May 2, 2023 — A new study gives people at risk of heart problems a good reason to keep an eye on the daily air quality warnings often included in weather reports. Researchers found a direct relationship between air pollution increases and the risk of having irregular heartbeat problems such as atrial fibrillation.
- Having A-Fib Might Raise Odds for Dementia
March 13, 2023 — Researchers found that people newly diagnosed with a-fib had a 13% higher risk of developing dementia, the progressive loss of memory and thinking skills.
- Things People With AFib Wish You Knew
Atrial fibrillation (AFib) can make your heart beats too fast, too slow, or erratically. Here’s what some people say it's like to live with AFib.
- Living With the Side Effects of AFib
Your life will probably change in some ways after a diagnosis of atrial fibrillation (AFib). The symptoms can lead to shifts in your routine. It’s even normal to feel anxious or fearful at first. But with treatment and some healthy lifestyle changes, you can learn to manage the side effects of AFib.
- Marijuana and AFib
Is marijuana safe when you have AFib? Find out what the experts say.
- Blood Thinners May Prevent Dementia With AFib
May 12, 2017 — Even people with a low risk of stroke could benefit, researchers say
- 5 Heart Rate Myths Debunked
Myths and facts about heart rates, including what an erratic heart rate means and the link between your pulse and stress.
- Helping Someone With AFib: Healthy Lifestyle
Healthy diet, exercise, and lifestyle tips when your loved one has AFib.
- Helping Someone With AFib: Medical Issues
How to help your loved one manage their medical care for atrial fibrillation.
- Can You Exercise With Atrial Fibrillation?
Your heart needs exercise, even when you're living with AFib. A few simple tips can help you do it safely.
- Ease the Stress of a Heart Condition
If you're living with a heart problem, find ways to manage your stress so you feel better and stay healthy.
- Traveling Safely With Atrial Fibrillation
No need to get anxious about hitting the road when you have atrial fibrillation, or AFib. Plan ahead to make your trip fun and relaxing.
- Procedures That Reset Your Heart's Rhythm
When medications alone can't get or keep your heartbeat regular, doctors try electrical cardioversion and ablation to relieve symptoms of AFib.
- Symptoms of Atrial Fibrillation
Your guide to signs and symptoms of atrial fibrillation, a heart rhythm disorder.