Atrial Fibrillation Slideshows
AFib for Beginners
- Ablation: What You Should Know
What should you expect with a cardiac ablation? Find out how to prepare, how it’s done, recovery times, results, and more.
- AFib and Anxiety: Management Tips and Knowing the Difference
Are anxiety and AFib related? Learn about the link, and how to manage symptoms of both.
- Managing an AFib Attack at Home
At-home methods such as coughing, abdominal pressure, deep breathing, or the Valsalva maneuver may help slow your heart rate when you have an AFib episode.
- Advances in AFib Treatment and Prevention
Treatments for atrial fibrillation are constantly advancing. Learn what’s new in research, treatment, and prevention.
- Listen to Your Heart: 10 Things to Do If It Isn’t Beating Right
Find out what you should do if your heart isn't beating right.
- Careful Consideration: 10 Things to Think About After an Afib Diagnosis
Find out what you need to think about after you're diagnosed with Afib.
- How to Help Prevent an AFib Attack
These simple things can make a flare-up of atrial fibrillation less likely.
- Drugs That Treat Atrial Fibrillation
Medicines help many people with AFib get their heart rate and rhythm under control. They can also lower the chances of a stroke. There are many types of medicines that can help -- here’s a look at how they work and how they might make you feel.
- What Causes Heart Palpitations?
Why does your heart race or skip a beat? Learn what causes heart palpitations and when to see your doctor.
- Food to Watch When You Have AFib
Think twice before you eat or drink these foods to help keep your heart healthy.
- Alternative Treatments for AFib
Medication and surgery aren't the only things that can improve or prevent your AFib symptoms. Talk to your doctor about these ideas to help treat your condition.
- How to Treat Atrial Fibrillation
Dealing with atrial fibrillation? See AFib treatments like ablation, cardioversion, pacemaker, and AFib medicine like beta blockers and anticoagulants.
- Tips for Living With Atrial Fibrillation
Learn how to live easier with atrial fibrillation. See ways to manage your irregular heartbeat and keep your heart condition under control.
- A Visual Guide to Atrial Fibrillation
See inside a heart during atrial fibrillation. Pictures show the causes, tests, and treatments for this common heart rhythm problem through illustrations and photos.