- General Warnings for High Blood Pressure Medication
If high blood pressure medications are part of your treatment plan, make sure to follow these general guidelines.
- 7 Mistakes That Can Boost Your Blood Pressure Numbers
Certain habits during a blood pressure check can result in a false reading. Avoid these mistakes before your next routine exam.
- 3 Bad-News Foods for Blood Pressure
Whether you have high blood pressure or want to avoid it, cut back on these types of foods to make your heart happier.
- The Basics: Ways to Lower Your Blood Pressure
Are your numbers higher than normal? Here are seven ways to lower your blood pressure and keep your heart healthy.
- How to Check Your Blood Pressure
Roll up your sleeve and slide on that blood pressure cuff. It’s important to check how well your heart pumps blood.
- The Other Effects of Salt
Salt is known for raising your blood pressure. But that’s not all it can do.
- Sugar vs. Salt: What’s Worse for Blood Pressure?
Salt has always been public enemy number one for your blood pressure. But is sugar worse?
- High Blood Pressure Diagnosis
What does high blood pressure do to your arteries? Find out in this animation.
- How Hypertension Affects Cardiac Risk
Jonathan Sackner Bernstein, MD, talks about high blood pressure and its effect on cardiac diseases
- Hypertension: Silent Killer
Nearly 1 in 3 adult Americans have it. African Americans are especially at risk. Learn why hypertension is called the 'silent killer'.
- Hypertension Medications
Jonathan Sackner Bernstein, MD, addresses options and concerns around being on blood pressure medication for life.