Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
2) Biophoto Associates/Photo Reasearchers Inc
3) Gastrolab/Photo Researchers Inc
4) Ingram Publishing
6) Mark Harmel/Tips Italia
8) Michele Constantini/Photo Alto
9) Gastrolab/Photo Researchers
10) CNRI/Photo Researchers Inc
11) Mark Miller/Photo Researchers Inc
12) Ale Ventura/PhotoAlto
14) Tom Grill/Photographer's Choice
16) Anatomical Travelogue/Photo Researchers Inc
17) David M. Martin, M.D./Photo Researchers Inc
18) Tom Grill/Age Fotostock
19) Luca Trovato/The Image Bank
22) Arthur Tilley/Taxi
23) Gunter Lenz/Imagebroker RF
24) Lester Leftowitz/Stone
25) Tim Platt/Iconica
American Academy of Family Physicians.
American Gastroenterological Association.
Bitton, A. American Journal of Gastroenterology, October 2003.
Colombel, J.F. New England Journal of Medicine, April 15, 2010.
Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America.
Levenstein, S. American Journal of Gastroenterology, May 2000.
Maunder, R.G. Inflammatory Bowel Disease, June 2005.
Mawdsley, J.E. Gastroenterology, August 2006.
McGovern, D. Franke, A. Nature Genetics, March 14, 2010, advance online edition.
National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse.
News release, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
The Nemours Foundation.
Reviewed by Melinda Ratini, DO, MS on December 14, 2018
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.