Going to the doctor can be intimidating. You might feel rushed and forget to ask questions that are important. It's always a good idea to know what to ask beforehand and to take notes when with the doctor. Some of the questions below may be worth asking. Print out this page and take it with you to your next appointment.
1. Could some other condition be causing my IBS symptoms?
2. If I keep a diary of my IBS symptoms, what should I write down?
4. Would it help my IBS symptoms to add more fiber to my diet? If so, how much and what kind?
5. Are there other dietary changes you would recommend for IBS?
6. Could relaxation therapy or counseling help my IBS?
7. What about exercise?
8. Should I take prescription medications for my IBS symptoms? If so, what side effects should I expect?
9. Are there any tests you would recommend now or in the future?
10. Are there any other approaches or treatments I should know about?