Melanoma Skin Cancer News & Features
You May Be Increasing Your Skin Cancer Risk Without Knowing It
- What to Know About the Rare Cancer That Killed Jimmy Buffett
September 5, 2023 — The passing of popular singer and song writer Jimmy Buffett, who died Friday at age 76 from Merkel cell carcinoma, has thrust this form of skin cancer into the spotlight. But what exactly is it?
- Black Men at Increased Risk of Dying From Melanoma: Study
July 12, 2023 — Black men are 26% more likely to die of melanoma, compared to White men with the disease, a new study shows.
- Survey: Most Americans Behind in Getting Checked for Skin Cancer
June 13, 2023 — A new survey from the Prevent Cancer Foundation says most adults haven’t had their skin checked in at least a year, even though skin cancer is the most common cancer diagnosis and the easiest to prevent.
- Melanoma and Pregnancy: What to Know
May 1, 2023 — Research shows that 1 in 1,000 women will be diagnosed with cancer during pregnancy. And melanoma is the most common cancer these patients will be diagnosed with. Here's what to know.
- ‘Personalized’ Cancer Vaccines Head to Phase III Trial
April 17, 2023 — Researchers this past weekend unveiled clinical trial results for a “major breakthrough” that would personalize cancer treatment. In an early trial, personalized cancer vaccines reduced the risk of recurrence or death among people with late-stage melanoma by 44%.
- How Artificial Intelligence Helps Diagnose Skin Cancer
Artificial intelligence (AI) is ramping up how dermatologists diagnose skin conditions, even serious cancers like melanoma.
- Practical Advice on Living With Melanoma
Most melanomas can be removed by surgery. After that, how can you best make sure you don’t have to deal with it again?
- Protect Yourself From a Repeat Episode of Melanoma
How to stay safe if you've already had skin cancer.
- Stay Safe in the Sun After Skin Cancer
Are beach days and baseball games a thing of the past when you've had skin cancer? They don't have to be. Follow these tips to protect yourself from UV rays.
- The Skin Cancer Risk from Tanning Beds
Despite what some people say, indoor tanning can cause melanoma.
- Fashion Designer Marc Jacobs Launches Melanoma T-Shirt Campaign
Fashion designer Marc Jacobs’ melanoma awareness naked T-shirt campaign is taking off.
- Skin Cancer Danger: Not Just in Summer
Snow on the ground doesn't mean you don't have to worry about sun exposure. Sunburns -- and skin cancer -- can happen even in winter months.