Multiple Sclerosis Features
On the Horizon: The Future of MS Treatments
- How to Focus on Your Mental Health With Relapsing-Remitting MS
Just like with any chronic illness, it isn't uncommon to experience depression and anxiety with RRMS. But that doesn't mean these conditions should be ignored. Here are some self-care tips.
- MS Questionnaire Helps Measure Symptoms and Spot Early Disease Changes
Until recently, there wasn't a standard way to gather a multiple sclerosis patient's medical history. Now, a simple questionnaire can provide your doctors with invaluable information.
- Treating MS Pain With Virtual Reality
Clinical neurologist Leigh Charvet explains how VR can play a role in managing chronic pain due to multiple sclerosis.
- Move Forward With Multiple Sclerosis
Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis can be challenging to live with, but it’s not impossible. Patsy Wheeler shares her tips and tricks.
- How Tech Has Changed My Life With Multiple Sclerosis
Advances in assistive technology mean people with multiple sclerosis can live full, independent lives. Michael Ogg shares what helps him day to day.
- What Excites Me in MS Research
There are many multiple sclerosis therapies in development right now. Bruce Bebo, PhD, shares what’s coming down the pipeline.
- How Science Has Transformed Multiple Sclerosis
A neurologist shares how the understanding and treatment of multiple sclerosis have evolved over the years.
- Living With Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis
Samantha Payne Smith shares what living with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis is like, from diagnosis to treatment.
- Spotlight On: Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis
Anyone can get relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. But there are disparities when it comes to certain racial and ethnic groups.
- Fitting MS Into Your Schedule
The unpredictable nature of MS can take a toll on your overall quality of life, socially and emotionally.
- Planning Financially for Multiple Sclerosis
A multiple sclerosis case manager offers tips on how to plan your financial future.
- Facial Twitching and Multiple Sclerosis
Muscle spasms are common with multiple sclerosis. Here’s what to know if MS facial twitching affects you.
- I Am Grateful For The Things I Can Still Do
Information on living daily with MS.
- How I Manage My Relapsing MS
Ann Marie Johnson was just 32-years-old when she was diagnosed with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS). She takes us inside her journey to finding the right treatments and support for her.
- Multiple Sclerosis in the Workplace: Tips for Women
How MS can affect your work life, and what changes you can make to accommodate your symptoms.
- Balancing Act: Young, Female, and Fighting MS
MS typically arises in women in the first half of their adult lives. Learn how some women balance career, family planning, and a chronic disease.
- Mental Health and Multiple Sclerosis
Learn more about the link between MS and depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues.
- How Multiple Sclerosis Affects My Relationships
Carolyn Deming Glaviano dives into the ways MS impacts her social life, her marriage, and more.
- What to Know About Using the Alinker Walking Bike
Find out what you can expect before getting an Alinker walking bike to assist you with multiple sclerosis.
Azathioprine is a medication for treating disorders related to the immune system. It has been used to treat multiple sclerosis and other conditions.
- Botox for Limb Spasticity
How botox can treat limb spasticity in patients with multiple sclerosis.
- What a Caregiver Wants You to Know About Relapsing-Remitting MS
Karen Foster takes care of her father, who has multiple sclerosis. Find out what she wants you to know about caregiving for people with MS.
- Lessons From My Journey With Relapsing-Remitting MS
It may feel like nobody else understands what it's like to live with RRMS. But, you're not alone. Professor Darbi Haynes-Lawrence gives insight into her experience with the condition.
- How B-Cell Therapy Affects MS
B-cell therapy might work when other multiple sclerosis don't. Hear from patients who've tried it. Find out what's available and how B-cell therapy works.
- B-Cell Therapy: The Long-Term Effects
B-cell therapy can slow down multiple sclerosis and stop it from getting worse. Learn more about what to expect from this treatment in the long term.
- How Richard Pryor Handled Multiple Sclerosis
Learn about Richard Pryor's journey with MS.
- What You Need To Know About Ocrelizumab
Learn about how ocrelizumab helps treat multiple sclerosis.
- 3 Great Strength Moves To Do in a Chair When You Have Multiple Sclerosis
Learn seated exercises you can engage in when you have MS.
- Managing Issues With Urinary Retention With Multiple Sclerosis
Learn about how multiple sclerosis affects bladder function.
- Using a Gait, Posture, and Balance Monitor for Multiple Sclerosis
Learn about why you might need a gait, posture, or balance monitor if you have MS.
- The Benefits of Having a Caregiver When You Have Multiple Sclerosis
Learn why having a caregiver is beneficial when you have multiple sclerosis.
- Travel Checklist When You Have Multiple Sclerosis
Learn about traveling with multiple sclerosis.
- Inspiring Message From a Rocker with MS
Learn more about Everclear frontman Art Alexakis’ MS diagnosis and his outlook on life.
- Core Exercises to Do in a Wheelchair
Learn 4 exercises you can do in a wheelchair in spite of multiple sclerosis.
- How to Manage Issues With Swallowing
Learn how to overcome swallowing issues that occur with the onset of MS.
- Choosing a Reading Tool with MS
Find out how you can pick the right reading tool when your vision is impaired by multiple sclerosis.
- The Upside of Multiple Sclerosis
There may be benefits of multiple sclerosis that you haven’t considered.
- MS Blogger Shares Relatable Tips
Learn how Nina Crumpton is changing the perception of MS.
- If I Have Mobility Issues, Is Zumba Right for Me?
Learn how to get your exercise in through Zumba workouts.
- Advice on Managing Fear of an MS Relapse
Learn how to deal with the fear of an MS relapse.
- How to Choose the Right Disability Shower Unit
Choosing the best shower unit for you.
- 3 Amazing Things I Learned About Myself Since Having MS
Learn three of the most amazing things that having MS can teach you about yourself.
- Movie and TV Characters with Multiple Sclerosis
Does Hollywood do a good job of portraying people with MS?
- What is Cognitive Rehabilitation for Multiple Sclerosis
Learn about new ways to manage cognitive issues caused by multiple sclerosis.
- 3 Stretches for People With Multiple Sclerosis
Learn stretches that help with multiple sclerosis symptoms.
- Managing Vision Problems When You Have Multiple Sclerosis
Learn about managing vision problems caused by multiple sclerosis.
- Choosing a Rollator When You Have Multiple Sclerosis
Learn about choosing a rollator to help with mobility when you have multiple sclerosis.
- Career Goals and Multiple Sclerosis
A diagnosis like multiple sclerosis can change how you feel about work and career.
- Christina Applegate and Her MS Diagnosis
Learn more about celebrity Christina Applegate's diagnosis of multiple sclerosis and how she is handling the news.