IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
(1) Dr. Tom Farley/drtomfarley.com
(3) Eye of Science/Photoresearchers, Inc.
(5) Dennis Kunkel Microscopy, Inc / Phototake
(6) Tetra Images/Photolibrary
(7) Courtesy of Dr. Brian McKay /acld.com
(9) Photo courtesy of Dr. Marcus Whitmore / planodental.com
(11) Cohen/Ostrow/Digital Vision
(12) Crystal Cartier/Brand X Pictures
(13) Lisa Pines/White
Academy of General Dentistry.
American Dental Association.
British Dental Health Association.
Mandel, L. Journal of the American Dental Association, 2005.
Massachusetts Dental Association.
National Institutes of Health Genetics Home Reference.
Sarrett, D.C. Journal of the American Dental Association, 2002.
Wiegand, A. Occupational Medicine, 2007.
Reviewed by Alfred D. Wyatt Jr., DMD on December 05, 2018
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.