Prostate Cancer Features
Talking to Your Partner With Prostate Cancer
- Staying Active With Prostate Cancer
Safe exercise during and after treatment can improve your strength, stamina, and mood. Here's how to get started.
- Prostate Cancer: Talking to People About Your Diagnosis
One in eight men get prostate cancer during their lifetime. But often, they find it hard to talk about their diagnosis. Find out how you can make that easier.
- Things People With Prostate Cancer Wish You Knew
Prostate cancer happens when cells begin to grow and develop quicker than normally in your prostate. Find out what others want you to know about this condition.
- Advanced Prostate Cancer: Practical Self-Care Tips
Treatment advances are helping people live longer with advanced prostate cancer. But like other ongoing illnesses, the disease can affect your relationships and quality of life. Learn how to make things easier.
- From Curing to Controlling Your Prostate Cancer
There isn’t one way to control advanced prostate cancer. It depends on a mix of things. That includes your age, symptoms, and how fast your cancer grows.
- Diet Tips for Advanced Prostate Cancer
There's no one diet that's best for prostate cancer. But healthy eating habits can make a difference in your condition.
- How to Self-Advocate for Advanced Prostate Cancer
Being an advocate for yourself means taking an active role in your care.
- Prostate Cancer in Black Men
Black men are more than twice as likely as white men to die of prostate cancer. Learn about the many reasons and what you can do about it.
- How to Choose Advanced Prostate Cancer Treatments
Find out what you need to consider when you are trying to decide on the best treatment for advanced prostate cancer.
- Physical Activity When You Have Prostate Cancer
Find out how exercise can help manage treatment side effects and boost your mood when you have prostate cancer.
- Screening Tests for Prostate Cancer
Should men get a screening test for prostate cancer?
- How to Manage Prostate Cancer Treatment Side Effects
Prostate cancer treatments can cause serious side effects. Learn what you can do to relieve or manage them.
- Advanced Prostate Cancer and Your Relationship
Strengthen your relationship with your partner after prostate cancer treatment.
- Advanced Prostate Cancer: Research Update
Men with advanced prostate cancer have more treatment options than ever before.
- Your Prostate Cancer Treatment Options
Doctors have a variety of ways to treat prostate cancer, including surgery, radiation, and drugs that slow the growth of prostate cancer cells. Find out about prostate cancer treatments.
- Prostate Cancer Questions to Ask Your Doctor -- and Yourself
Getting diagnosed with prostate cancer can be overwhelming. It’s normal to have several questions and concerns. Find answers to all of your questions about prostate cancer screening, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Prostate Biopsy and the Gleason Score: What You Should Know
Doctors diagnose prostate cancer by performing a biopsy, ordering various imaging tests, and other procedures such as a PSA test. Learn more about prostate cancer diagnosis here.
- John McEnroe Serves Up Prostate Cancer Information
Tennis ace John McEnroe now champions the cause of prostate cancer research.
- Winning the Prostate Cancer Battle
When WebMD community member Chuck Warren was diagnosed with prostate cancer, he turned to friends to find the strength to fight it.
- Is Prostate Cancer Screening Still Necessary?
No one likes going for that annual physical exam. For many, the anxiety increases when it includes a cancer screening.
- Routine Tests for Men
A schedule for checkups and tests that will keep a man's body in good running order.
- Questions to Ask About Hormone Therapy for Prostate Cancer
Hormone therapy for prostate cancer can add years to men's lives, but it isn't a cure. Here are questions to ask your doctor to help you understand the benefits and risks.
- Hormone Treatment Fights Prostate Cancer
Hormone therapy for prostate cancer has come a long way in the past few decades.
- Fixing What Ails You ... With Food
Chicken soup for the sniffles? Ginger to quell a queasy tummy? Sometimes those olds wives' tales and folk lore contain more than a grain of truth. And researchers are discovering that certain foods really can help, or hinder, your health.
- 'You've Got Prostate Cancer'
An American man has a 1 in 5 lifetime chance of hearing those 4 words. What he will do about them is a decision that will affect the rest of his life.