Rheumatoid Arthritis News & Features
- Tips For Driving With RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis)
Joint pain and stiffness can make it hard to drive. Here are tips for driving when you have rheumatoid arthritis.
- Doing Hobbies With RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis)
RA can make it harder to move, but you can still enjoy hobbies if you plan ahead, use tools, and rest when you need it.
- Patients on Methotrexate Face New Barriers After Roe Ruling
July 14, 2022 — Pharmacists in some parts of the country are denying access to the oral abortion drug methotrexate; White House and associations are taking steps to protect access to needed medications
- How I Talk About My Rheumatoid Arthritis
Stigma and misconception are all too common for people with RA. Find out how one person works to break it down by educating others.
- How I Stay Active With RA
Having RA may mean you need to make some changes, but it doesn’t mean you can’t play sports or be active. See how one person makes it work.
- Your Mental Health With Rheumatoid Arthritis
Your RA affects your mental health – and vice versa. A mental health counselor talks about how to care for yourself with RA and get the help you need.
- The Shocking Truth About Electric Baths
The galvanic bath was once used to treat lupus and rheumatoid arthritis but was later declared quackery. Now, the practice is making a comeback.
- Why DMARDs for RA Take Time
It may take several weeks for DMARD drugs to reach full effectiveness against RA. Find out why.
- The Battle Against Rheumatoid Arthritis Progression
Rheumatoid arthritis causes joint pain, swelling, and stiffness. It also affects your mental health. Learn how to slow RA progression and manage symptoms.
- Biologics for RA: Connecting With Others
Your peers can share experiences about taking biologic drugs for RA, including tips for affording them. But medical advice should come from your doctor.
- RA and Biologics: Why Time Matters
When you have RA, it's important to start treatment as soon as possible. But you need to give biologic drugs enough time to work.
- Trying Another Biologic for RA
The first biologic you try for rheumatoid arthritis might not work or could stop working. What do you do next?
- Stopping Biologics for RA
When is it OK to go off your biologic drug for rheumatoid arthritis?
- How to Afford Biologics for RA
Biologic medications can help with inflammation and pain from rheumatoid arthritis, but their price can be intimidating. Here’s how to manage the cost.
- Rising Above Rheumatoid Arthritis
A patient advocate’s tips on meeting the challenges of rheumatoid arthritis (RA): getting support, self-care, handling stress, and staying active.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment in the Next Decade
Dr. Andrew Wang shares his insight into where research on rheumatoid arthritis is heading, what roadblocks experts face, and what to expect down the road.
- A Rheumatologist's Perspective: RA and Other Conditions
Can RA cause other problems? A rheumatologist explains some of the conditions that can happen along with this autoimmune form of arthritis.
- A Day in the Life of My Rheumatoid Arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis brings challenges that even those close to you may not see. See how someone with RA makes day-to-day life a little easier.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Finding My Groove
A person with rheumatoid arthritis describes living with RA, including medications, working with a rheumatologist, and managing the condition with lifestyle changes such as diet and exercise.
- Finding Balanace as a Woman With RA
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) can throw everything out of whack when you’re a woman trying to juggle work, family, and friends while caring for yourself. Here’s how one woman finds balance.
- Finding a Care Team for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Kira’s journey to finding a supportive RA care team was a long one. She shares tips on what to look for and how to stick with the process.
- Series: My Life With Rheumatoid Arthritis
Their diagnosis is the same, but their experiences are unique. Follow Andy, Ryn, and Molly as they share stories from their lives with RA.
- The Best Apps for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Managing the effects of rheumatoid arthritis can be tricky. But apps for your smartphone or tablet can help you and your doctor find the best way to manage your RA.
- The Link Between Chronic Inflammation and RA
What’s the link between inflammation and RA, and how can you ease your inflamed joints?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Myths
Thanks to an abundance of easy-to-find (but not always accurate) information, many people have misconceptions about rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Two rheumatologists explain the truth behind some of the most common myths about RA.
- Tips for Parenting With Rheumatoid Arthritis
If you're a parent and you've got rheumatoid arthritis, get tips on how to keep up with your kids while you manage the pain and joint stiffness that go along with your condition.
- What Not to Say to Someone With Rheumatoid Arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis is an often misunderstood disease. People who have it can be in intense pain but not look or act like it. Here’s what not to say to people with RA.
- What Athletes With RA Want You to Know
Athletes with RA don’t always stay in the game, but those who do inspire us all. Here’s what three very different athletes want you to know, especially if you’re an athlete with RA, too.
- RA: A Day in My Life
Here’s a first-person look at what it’s like to live with RA every day.
- How to Advocate for Yourself When You Have Rheumatoid Arthritis
What can I do to advocate for myself? How can I work with my doctor to manage RA? What can I do if I don’t agree with my doctor? How can I stand up for myself? Learn how to play an active role in your RA treatment and advocate for yourself at the doctor’s office and beyond.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis and Sex: Tips to Improve Intimacy
Rheumatoid arthritis causes pain and fatigue that can disrupt your sex life. But there are many ways to counter the issue and improve intimacy.
- Life With RA: You Are Your Best Advocate
Saada Branker is a 51-year-old Canadian who has lived with rheumatoid arthritis since age 12. She shares what she learned about living her best life with a chronic illness.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: What Doctors Might Not Tell You
What is life really like with rheumatoid arthritis? When you’re diagnosed with RA, your doctor may talk with you about joint pain and medications to treat it. But later, RA can cause fatigue, morning stiffness, or anxiety, and put you at risk for other autoimmune diseases too. Find out what to expect and how to cope.
- The Link Between Sugar and Rheumatoid Arthritis
Added sugars in your diet may play a larger role in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) than you think. Learn more about the link between sugar and RA.
- Is Kombucha Good for Rheumatoid Arthritis?
If you have rheumatoid arthritis (RA), you may have thought about trying kombucha to boost the “good” bacteria in your digestive tract. But experts advise caution with the probiotic drink.
- Staying Fit Through Rheumatoid Arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis can make it hard to stay active. Andy Pendergrass of Louisiana shares how he keeps his athletic dreams alive.
- Expert Advice on How to Treat Rheumatoid Arthritis
If you have RA, you want to know which treatments work and how long they take to be effective. Get the answers to these and other questions from an expert.
- The Race for Quicker Diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Doctors have made big leaps in recent years to catch rheumatoid arthritis early. But diagnosis still takes too long, costing people valuable time to prevent long-term damage to their joints.
- Managing RA Pain for Better Sleep
Getting on the right treatment plan for your rheumatoid arthritis can help ease the pain that steals your slumber.
- My Life With RA
One woman tells how she has learned to live fully with Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- How to Work With Your RA Doctor to Switch Your Meds
A biologic drug could help you manage RA symptoms like joint pain and swelling. Learn when your doctor might switch you to one of these drugs, and how to make the change.
- Make Your Beauty Routine Easier When You Have RA
Learn how some simple tips and tools can let you fix your hair and put your makeup on when you have painful flare-ups of rheumatoid arthritis.
- How to Manage Your RA and Get Relief
Don't let joint pain from rheumatoid arthritis slow you down. Try these tips.
- How to Talk to Others About Your RA
Get tips on how to open up to family and friends about how your rheumatoid arthritis affects you.
- Stay Active With RA and Keep Up the Fun
With some smart planning and the right moves, you can still enjoy travel, evenings out, and hobbies even if your rheumatoid arthritis flares up.
- Tips for a Happy Home Life When You've Got RA
Painful, stiff joints can interfere with your daily activities. Here's how to keep your household running smoothly.
- How to Do Household Chores When You Have RA
Learn about tips, tricks, and gadgets to help keep your house tidy when you have rheumatoid arthritis.
- Your Rheumatoid Arthritis When the Season Changes
Does a change in weather patterns make a difference in your RA pain? Find out how to get year-round relief.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lymphoma: What’s the Link?
It’s your arthritis, not your drugs, which slightly raise your risk of lymphoma. Find out why.