Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
(1) PHANIE / Photo Researchers, Inc.
(2) © ISM / Phototake -- All rights reserved.
(3) AP Photo / John Bazemore
(4) © David Scharf / Science Faction / Corbis
(5) Scott Bodell / Photodisc
(6) Dr. P. Marazzi / Photo Researchers, Inc.
(7) © Bart's Medical Library / Phototake -- All rights reserved.
(8) Loungepark / Digital Vision
(9) Science Photo Library
(10) PHOTOSPIN MEDICAL
(11) BSIP / Photo Researchers, Inc.
(12) Ryan McVay / Digital Vision
(13) Rob Melnychuk / Photodisc
(14) Princess Margaret Rose Orthopaedic Hospital / Photo Researchers, Inc.
(15) © Pulse Picture Library/CMP Images / Phototake -- All rights reserved.
(16) Cecile LAVABRE / Self-Photos Agency
(17) Steve Mason / Photodisc
National Institutes of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases: “Rheumatoid Arthritis.”
Arthritis Foundation: "Rheumatoid Arthritis: What Is It?", "Rheumatoid Arthritis: What Causes It?", "Rheumatoid Arthritis: Who Gets It?", "Rheumatoid Arthritis: How Is It Diagnosed?", "Rheumatoid Arthritis: Treatment Options," "More Than Just Joints: How Rheumatoid Arthritis Affects the Rest of Your Body," "Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis?"
Johns Hopkins Arthritis Center: "Rheumatoid Arthritis Pathophysiology."
UpToDate.com: "Patient Information: Rheumatoid Arthritis and Pregnancy."
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database.
National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine: "Rheumatoid Arthritis and Complementary and Alternative Medicine."
Reviewed by Jennifer Robinson, MD on August 14, 2018
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.