Not All Topicals Are the Same
- What Makes Diagnosis Tricky on Skin of Color?
Psoriasis may not be obvious on skin of color, and it is often mistaken for conditions like eczema, so dermatologists need to look for other signs.
- What They Don’t Tell You About Psoriatic Disease
Allie and Ryan changed their diets and exercise routines to take it easy on their stiff, swollen joints and irritated skin.
- Treating a Spectrum of Skin Colors
The same treatments can have different outcomes, so dermatologists will tailor a treatment program based on how your psoriasis looks.
- Finding the Right One to Put on Your Skin
Choosing a psoriasis treatment may require some trial and error. There are several categories, and then there’s the choice of a cream, ointment, foam, etc.
- How Topicals Work to Beat Plaque Psoriasis
How do medicated creams soothe your itchy, scaly skin?
- Challenges on Darker Skin
With psoriasis, the right diagnosis and treatment is crucial. Why is that not always the case with darker skin?
- Adding to the Anxiety
Doctors brushed off Tamla Bailey’s symptoms, only adding to her frustration. Why did her diagnosis take several years?
- Getting Better Sleep With Psoriasis
The itching, pain, and depression associated with psoriasis can all rob you of a good night’s rest. What changes can help?
- Stress Relief Can Also Calm Your Skin
Stress can trigger a psoriasis flare, so take a beat and practice good self-care.
- Special Nail Care
Funky nails aren’t necessarily a fungus. What are the signs you have nail psoriasis? And what makes nails stronger and healthier?
- Stop the Itch
Put an end to the itch-scratch cycle. The key is to treat your psoriasis and keep your skin moisturized.
- Life With Psoriasis: David's Story
Take a look at David Brown's journey with psoriasis and how he deals with the condition.
- Plaque Psoriasis in Different Skin Tones
From pink patches with silvery scales to purple ones with gray scales, plaque psoriasis can present differently, depending on skin tone.
- Improving Inclusivity in Medical Training
Plaque psoriasis looks differently on skin of color. It’s important for dermatologists to know the variations and which treatments work best.
- Myths & Facts: Plaque Psoriasis in People of Color
Does plaque psoriasis clear the same on all skin tones? Is it more severe on darker skin? Here’s the skinny on this scaly skin condition.
- When You’re Told Black People Don’t Get Psoriasis
As a teenager, Ronni Wilson had a doctor tell her that Black people didn’t get psoriasis. So not true! So she charged on in search of real answers.
- Using Your Voice for Change
From social media to support groups, there are so many ways to share your story, which is really “the heart of advocacy,” Melissa Leeolou says.
- Managing Mental Health With Plaque Psoriasis
From depression to isolation, the emotional effects of plaque psoriasis can be serious.
- Clothing Dos and Don'ts for Plaque Psoriasis
Doesn’t wool and psoriasis just sound like a bad idea? Here’s what should be in your closet – and what shouldn’t – when it comes to dressing comfortably.
- Myths and Facts: Plaque Psoriasis
Is plaque psoriasis the same as eczema? Does it only affect your skin? Let’s rule out the myths.
- The Social Impact of Psoriasis
Jasmine spent a lot of college hiding out in her dorm room. Her psoriasis made her self-conscious and uncomfortable in her own skin.
- When I First Learned I Had Psoriasis
Jordan recalls waking up at 12 years old with three huge patches of scalp psoriasis. From then on, he says, decisions revolved around his skin.
- Psoriasis Treatments
More than 7 million Americans grapple with scaly, irritated skin. Which treatments from creams to drugs bring relief?
- Common Irritants for Psoriasis
Who knew things like smoking and strep throat could aggravate your skin condition?
- Psoriasis and the Color of Your Skin
The color of your skin may not only affect the appearance of psoriasis, but your quality of care, too.
- Meet Your Care Team for Psoriatic Disease
Psoriatic disease can affect your whole body, so your team of doctors may include a dermatologist, a rheumatologist, or even an occupational therapist.
- The Truth About Food and Psoriasis
A healthy diet can go a long way in improving your psoriasis symptoms. Here’s what to keep in mind and in your pantry.
- Psoriasis-Friendly Fabrics Around the Home
From curtains to bedding, you can add an extra level of protection against psoriasis flares with the fabrics in your home.
- Caring for Your Psoriasis Patches in Cold Weather
As the seasons change and the temperature dips, your psoriasis may flare. Be prepared for winter with a few tips and tricks.
- Caring for Your Psoriasis Patches in Warm Weather
Warm weather will bring natural sunlight and humidity, which can be great for psoriasis. But too much of a good thing may also trigger flares.
- Adjusting to Life With Psoriatic Disease
Eddie Applegate was happy to have a diagnosis that explained the pain he felt with his condition, but it came with a lot of changes.
- The Rapid Growth in Psoriatic Disease Treatments
Elaine Husni, MD, says as more is learned about the causes of psoriatic disease, treatments that can control and calm the condition will continue to leap forward.
- Creative Ways to Cover Psoriasis Flares
From clothing to makeup, here are some clever ways to conceal your scaly, red skin.
- Manage Psoriasis Patches in Uncomfortable Places
Psoriasis can pop up in some sensitive areas like your groin, genitals, and armpits. Here’s what your dermatologist will suggest to calm flares.
- Hairstyle Tips for Severe Scalp Psoriasis
The key is to style without scraping or scratching your scalp. Here are a few dos and don’ts when it comes to caring for and concealing your psoriasis flares.
- Advocating for Women and People of Color
Alisha Marie Bridges was diagnosed with psoriasis at 7 years old, and she was mocked by other children. She has turned something that caused her pain into something she uses to help others.
- Inside the Visit: Psoriatic Disease
Tom Garmon has been living with psoriasis for more than 40 years. Watch as he and Jonathan Weiss, MD, discuss his journey.
- What to Consider When Treating Psoriasis
Before deciding on a treatment plan, your doctor will ask some important questions, including how much of your body is affected.
- Inside the Visit: Psoriasis
Andrew checks in with his dermatologist about his patches of dry, flaky skin. Together, they're working to find a treatment that brings relief.
- Infection Prevention for Psoriasis
Cracks in your skin can invite bacteria in, but there are several ways to prevent infection and keep the area clean.
- How to Treat Cracked and Bleeding Psoriasis Patches
Step-by-step instructions on how to care for cracked, bleeding skin, from cleaning to covering the cut.