Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
1) Peggy Firth and Susan Gilbert for WebMD
2) Dr. P. Marazzi / Photo Researchers, Inc, Watney Collection / Phototake, ISM / Phototake
3) Watney Collection / Phototake, ISM / Phototake, Biophoto Associates / Photo Researchers, Inc, Interactive Medical Media LLC
4) David Mack / Photo Researchers, Inc
5) Interactive Medical Media LLC
7) Interactive Medical Media LLC
8) Peggy Firth and Susan Gilbert for WebMD
9) Anna Webb/WebMD
10) Interactive Medical Media LLC
11) Peggy Firth and Susan Gilbert for WebMD
15) Dr. Harout Tanielian / Photo Researchers, Inc.
16) Siri Stafford/Photodisc
17) Stockbyte, iStock
19) Sean Justice/Digital Vision
Nemours Foundation: "Staph Infections."
University of Chicago Medical Center: "MRSA FAQ."
Merck Manual of Medical Information, 2nd Home Edition: "Folliculitis and Skin Abscesses."
NIH Genetics Home Reference: "Hidradenitis Suppurativa."
Hidradenitis Suppurativa Foundation: “What is Hidradenitis Suppurativa?”
American Academy of Ophthalmology: "What Are Chalazia and Styes?"
Reviewed by Sabrina Felson, MD on May 23, 2018
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.