Smoking Cessation Medical Reference
Don’t Let Cigarettes Drag You Down
- What Is Organic Tobacco?
Is organic tobacco a healthier alternative to cigarettes? Let's discover different types of tobacco products, chemicals used in them, and their health risks.
- Tobacco Laws: An Overview
Tobacco laws restrict who can buy cigarettes, cigars, smokeless tobacco, and other tobacco products, how tobacco is taxed, and marketing of tobacco in the U.S. Some tobacco laws are nationwide, while other laws differ by state. Find out which states still allow smokers to light up indoors.
- Is Snuffing Tobacco Safe?
Learn about the dangers of snuffing tobacco.
- Nicotine Pouches: What to Know
Nicotine pouches are tobacco free, but are they a safe and effective way to quit smoking? Here’s what you need to know.
- How Quitting Smoking Affects Mental Health
Find out how quitting smoking can improve your mental health and how.
- What to Know About Tobacco and Your Mental Health
Find out what you need to know about the effects of tobacco smoking on your mental health.
- Nicotine Addiction Treatment
Have you tried, and failed, to stop smoking? Is smokeless tobacco or vaping your crutch? You might be addicted to nicotine. Learn more about the causes, symptoms, and treatments.
- What to Know If You Have to Take a Nicotine Test
There are some situations that require getting a nicotine test. Learn what a nicotine test is and what the results mean.
- 5 Ways to Avoid Gaining Weight When You Quit Smoking
For some people, the fear of gaining weight is what keeps them from quitting smoking. Learn how to manage your weight and kick the habit.
- How to Stay Smoke-Free After You Quit
Quitting smoking is one of the most important things you can do for your health, but it can be hard to stop. Learn how to improve your chances of staying smoke-free after you quit.
- Tips for Making It Through Nicotine Withdrawal
Nicotine withdrawals are what keep most smokers from being able to quit. Learn the tips to handle the symptoms so you can break the habit for good.
- What is Nicotine Withdrawal?
It's hard to kick the habit. WebMD gives a timeline of nicotine withdrawal and its symptoms.
- What Are the Medicines for Nicotine Withdrawal?
Sometimes, nicotine withdrawal is too hard to handle by yourself. That’s where prescription smoking cessation products come in.
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy: What to Know
Nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) may be a helpful tool if you’re trying to quit smoking. Learn about the different kinds of NRT products and which may be right for you.
- Quitting Smoking: What You Need to Know
So you want to quit smoking? Learn what you need to know to finally kick the habit for good.
- How to Quit Smoking
So you’ve decided to quit smoking? Learn some of the best tools to finally kick the habit for good.
- Is Smoking Dragging You Down?
You already know that smoking is bad for your lungs. But you might not know about these six reasons why you should keep trying to quit smoking.
- Find and Beat Your Smoking Triggers
Things that make you want to smoke might include your emotions, stress, and certain situations, like being around people who smoke. Find out what your triggers are and how to manage them.
- Surviving Without Smoke: Month 1
The first few weeks of quitting smoking are the hardest. Get tips to help you get through it.
- How Do E-Cigarettes Affect Your Body?
See how e-cigarettes affect your lungs, brain, heart, and other parts of your body.
- Nicotine Poisoning: Can You Overdose?
Yes, you can overdose on nicotine. Find out why, what to do, and how you can protect yourself and your family from tobacco and nicotine products and e-cigarettes.
- What Happens to Your Body When You Quit Smoking?
Is quitting smoking worth the cravings and withdrawal? Absolutely. Find out what happens to your body after you quit.
- Quit-Smoking Aids: Know Your Options
Learn about tools and products that can help you kick the habit for good.
- Effects of Smoking Pipes and Cigars
WebMD explains the negative health effects of smoking pipes and cigars, not just cigarettes.
- Hypnosis for Quitting Smoking
WebMD discusses hypnosis for smoking cessation including benefits, risks, and how it works.
- The Effects of Secondhand and Thirdhand Smoke
While you probably know smoking is bad for you, it's important to realize it's also dangerous for those near you. Learn the effects of secondhand and thirdhand smoke.