Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
(1) Goelbasi / Riser / Getty Images
(2) Kay Blaschke / Stock4B / Getty Images
(3) Copyright © BSIP / Phototake -- All rights reserved.
(4) Tim Graham / The Image Bank / Getty Images
(5) Blend Images / Photolibrary
(6) Katja Heinemann / Aurora / Getty Images
(7) Plush Studios / Riser / Getty Images
(8) Peter Cade / Iconica / Getty Images
(10) Simon Fraser / Photo Researchers, Inc.
(11) Mary Crosby / Taxi / Getty Images
(12) Copyright © BSIP / Phototake -- All rights reserved.
(13) Pascal Alix / Photo Researchers, Inc.
(16) Jack Hollingsworth / Photodisc / Photolibrary
(17) Copyright © ISM / Phototake -- All rights reserved.
(18) Alex Hayden / UpperCut Images / Getty Images
(19) Photodisc / Photolibrary
American Academy of Family Physicians.
American Geriatric Society Foundation for Healthy Aging.
American Urogynecologic Society.
Melville, J. Obstetrics & Gynecology, Sept. 1, 2005.
National Heart Lung and Blood Institute.
National Institutes of Health.
National Kidney & Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse.
National Library of Medicine Medical Encyclopedia.
News release, FDA.
Saadoun, K. Neurourology and Urodynamics, August 17, 2006.
University of Utah Health Care.
Reviewed by Minesh Khatri, MD on August 29, 2017
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.