Bore Chélaté, Calcium Chélaté, Chelated Boron, Chelated Calcium, Chelated Chromium, Chelated Cobalt, Chelated Copper, Chelated Iron, Chelated Magnesium, Chelated Manganese, Chelated Molybdenum, Chelated Potassium, Chelated Selenium, Chelated Trace Minerals, Chelated Vanadium, Chelated Zinc, Chrome Chélaté, Cobalt Chélaté, Cuivre Chélaté, Fer Chélaté, Magnésium Chélaté, Manganèse Chélaté, Mineral-amino Acid Complex, Minerales Quelados, Minéraux Chélatés, Molybdène Chélaté, Potassium Chélaté, Sélénium Chélaté, Vanadium Chélaté, Zinc Chélaté.<br/><br/>
Overview InformationChelated minerals are minerals that have been combined chemically with amino acids to form “complexes.” You will see products labeled as chelated boron, chelated calcium, chelated chromium, etc.
Chelated minerals are used for supporting normal growth, stabilizing bipolar disorder, building strong muscles and bones, and improving immune system function and overall health. Promoters sometimes market chelated minerals as dietary supplements that are superior to other mineral supplements, claiming chelated minerals are used more easily by the body (more bioavailable) than non-chelated minerals. But there is no evidence to support this claim. In fact, there is very little scientific information about chelated minerals.
How does it work?Minerals are required for the proper growth and maintenance of the body. There is no evidence to support the claim that chelated minerals can be used by the body better than non-chelated minerals.
Uses & Effectiveness
Insufficient Evidence for
- Bipolar disorder. There is some early evidence suggesting that some cases of bipolar disorder may be stabilized with a chelated mineral supplement. A research study that meets generally accepted scientific standards is currently underway in adults with bipolar disorder.
- Use as a dietary mineral supplement.
- Improving immune system function.
- Building strong muscles and bones.
- Other conditions.
We currently have no information for CHELATED MINERALS Interactions.
The appropriate dose of chelated minerals varies with each specific mineral and depends on several factors such as the user’s age, health, and several other conditions. At this time there is not enough scientific information to determine an appropriate range of doses for chelated minerals. Keep in mind that natural products are not always necessarily safe and dosages can be important. Be sure to follow relevant directions on product labels and consult your pharmacist or physician or other healthcare professional before using.
- Branton SL, Lott BD, Maslin WR, et al. Fatty liver-hemorrhagic syndrome observed in commercial layers fed diets containing chelated minerals. Avian Dis 1995;39:631-5. View abstract.
- Kaplan BJ, Simpson JS, Ferre RC, et al. Effective mood stabilization with a chelated mineral supplement: an open-label trial in bipolar disorder. J Clin Psychiatry 2001;62:936-44.. View abstract.
- Popper C. Do Vitamins or Minerals (Apart from Lithium) have mood-stabilizing effects? J Clin Psychiatry 2001;62:933-35.