Twins Development 1st Trimester Highlights
A lot has happened in the past three months. Your twins are only 3 or 4 inches long, but already can open and close their fists and mouths. Fingernails and toenails are just beginning to develop. Already, your tiny babies have:
- Brains, spinal cords, and flexible backbones.
Lungs, but not fully developed.
- Hearts beating 120 to 160 beats per minute.
- All major organs, but not fully developed.
- Soft skeletons.
Eyes with eyelids that stay closed.
- Noses, mouths, and chins.
- Distinct fingers and toes and tiny fingernails.
- Genitalia, but not fully developed.
- Little teeth buds.