Frizzy Hair: 12 Quick Tips to Keep Hair Frizz-Free continued...
8. Use a round brush to smooth your hair. Spin a round brush through your hair as you blow dry to help smooth the cuticles flat, Baker says.
9. Dry only the roots of your hair. Eeyerlin suggests blow drying only your roots to give hair lift and avoid drying the hair shaft and hair tips.
10. Go alcohol-free. Alcohol can dry hair out, setting you up for frizz. So look for alcohol-free products. That may mean switching to salon-quality shampoos, conditioners, and hairsprays, Eeyerlin says. "Salon-quality products don't have to last as long on the shelf, so they don't contain as many harsh ingredients -- like alcohol -- as supermarket and drugstore products do."
11. Fight afternoon frizz by smoothing hair with a small amount of children’s detangling spray. Marie Gains, a North Carolina caretaker, says, "I spray a smidge of it in my hand and then smooth it down. It's very lightweight and doesn't make your hair look oily."
12. Talk to your stylist. "If what you're using works, use it," Eeyerlin says, whether it's a pricey product or a great drugstore find. But remember that your stylist probably has a host of hints that'll help keep you frizz-free from morning to night.