Healthy Beauty Features
- Hair Color for Natural Hair: What to Know
If you have natural hair and you’re thinking of coloring it, read this first.
- Ingredients to Help Natural Hair Thrive
A board-certified dermatologist and a celebrity hairstylist share ingredients and tips to help natural hair thrive.
- Expert Q&A: Common Skin Conditions That Affect People of Color
Read WebMD’s interview with dermatologist Valerie Harvey, MD, MPH, FAAD, president of the Skin of Color Society, about common skin conditions in people of color.
- When You’re Body Positive and They’re Not
Are you body positive, but the people around you aren’t like that? Here’s how to hold on to your positive body image.
- The Right Order to Use Your Skin Care Products
Learn the correct steps for using your skincare products for the best effectiveness.
- What to Know if You Wear Fake Eyelashes
If you wear fake eyelashes, do your research to find out exactly how safe they are and what you can do to improve your experience.
- Is Your Makeup Still Good After a Year?
Makeup products may sit on your counters for months or years. Are they still good to use after a year?
- Can You Safely Tint Your Brows and Lashes?
Learn more about tinting brows and lashes, the risks involved, and how to do it safely.
- Are Harmful Chemicals Hiding in Your Cosmetics?
Anxious about harmful chemicals hiding in your cosmetics? Here's what you need to know.
- What Glycolic Acid Can Do for Your Skin
What can you expect if you try skin products and procedures with glycolic acid? Find out.
- Sun Protective Clothing: What to Know
Protecting your skin from the sun is extremely important. Sun protective clothing provides a reliable layer of security from harmful UV rays.
- What Kojic Acid Can Do for Your Skin
Learn about the skin benefits of kojic acid and how it can help your skin.
- What Ferulic Acid Can Do For Your Skin
Learn about the benefits of ferulic acid and how it can help your skin.
- How to Take Off Gel Nail Polish
Step-by-step tips on how to take off gel nail polish.
- 8 Common Sunscreen Mistakes
Learn common sunscreen mistakes and how to avoid them.
- Skin Care Ingredients for Sensitive Skin
Learn about the best skin care ingredients for sensitive skin.
- How to Choose the Best Night Cream
Learn what to look for when shopping for a night cream.
- How to Choose the Best Shampoo
Learn what to look for when shopping for a shampoo.
- Tips for Great Lips
When it comes to skin care, people forget that their lips need attention. Learn some new tips for great lips to help get rid of bothersome lip dryness.
- How to Choose the Best Conditioner
Learn what to look for when shopping for a conditioner.
- How to Color Your Own Hair
Step-by-step tips on how to start coloring your hair at home.
- How to Care for Your Braids
Braids can be both protective and damaging to your hair and scalp. Learn what you can do to take care of them for the most benefit.
- How to Care for Your Hair Weave or Extensions
Step-by-step tips on how to wash extensions and hair weaves.
- Makeup, Sunscreen, and UV Rays: What to Know
Learn about how to protect your skin from the sun using makeup, sunscreen, and more.
- Beard Care: 7 Tips for a Healthy Beard
Learn about ways to keep your beard and the underlying skin healthy.
- How to Shave Without Cutting Yourself
No matter how practiced you are, understanding more about shaving techniques, different kinds of razors, and more can help you shave without cutting yourself.
- How to Grow Out Your Hair
Ready to have longer hair? Learn more about what you can do to grow out your hair faster.
- How to Get Chewing Gum and Superglue Out of Your Hair
Step-by-step tips on how to get gum and glue out of your hair using household products.
- Do You Need Sun Protection for Skin of Color?
It’s a common assumption that people of color don’t need sunscreen. But people with darker skin need sun protection as much as anyone else.
- 3 Types of Skin Care Ingredients for Dry Skin
Learn what types of skin care ingredients can help manage dry skin.
- Eco-Friendly Fashion Habits
Learn simple ways to make your fashion style and wardrobe environmentally friendly.
- Does Sunscreen Expire? What to Look for in a Sunscreen
Learn more about the expiration date on your sunscreen, along with what to look for on the label when buying a sunscreen.
- Skin Care Ingredients for Oily Skin
Learn about skin care ingredients that will control oily skin.
- Ingredients to Look for for Various Hair Textures
Learn how to choose the right hair products for your hair’s texture.
- 6 Problems Caused by Beards
Do you have a beard? Learn about six problems facial hair can cause and what you can do to treat or prevent them.
- What Vitamin C Can Do For Your Skin
Learn about the benefits of vitamin C and how it can help your skin.
- How to Choose a Facial Mask
Struggling to find the perfect facial mask? Learn more about how to choose the best facial mask for your skin type.
- Does Drinking Water Really Help Your Skin?
Drinking eight glasses of water a day is key to healthy, younger-looking skin. Or is it? See what science says water does -- and doesn’t do -- for your skin.
- What Is the Difference Between Hydrating and Moisturizing?
Some products moisturize, others hydrate. What’s the difference? Do you need both? Here’s what you need to know.
- Dos and Don'ts of Skin Hydration
We all want soft, glowing skin. Find out what to do -- and not do -- to keep your skin hydrated so its looks and feels its best.
- 15 Expert Tips for Applying a Self-Tanner
For those who love the look of bronzed skin but want to avoid the health risks of sun exposure, see our expert tips on using self-tanners.
- Summer Foot Care
Keep your feet looking and feeling their best with these tips.
- DIY Hair Color Like a Pro
Thinking of dying your own hair? The pros say it’s possible to have salon-quality results at home if you stick to some guidelines.
- DIY Body Scrubs
The average life cycle of a skin cell is 28 days. You can speed up the process of shedding dead skin cells with exfoliation at home.
- Injectables: Are Fillers and Neuromodulators Right for You?
For skin beauty treatment without surgery, neuromodulators (also known as neurotoxins) and hyaluronic acid injectables are more popular. Experts explain the art and science of these popular shots.
- 10 Anti-Aging Hair Care Tips
Hair experts share their best anti-aging hair care tips and tricks to keep your strands looking healthy and youthful to represent your individual style.
- What to Do About Age Spots
What are age spots, the flat, light-brown spots that pop up on your skin as you age? Does the sun alone cause them? What can treat them, and when should you see a doctor? A dermatology professor explains.
- 7 Best Natural Ingredients for Your Skin
The beauty world has many high-tech devices and cutting-edge ingredients. But sometimes, simple, natural things might work just as well as those created by scientific engineering.
- Winter-Proof Your Skin
What is it about winter and dry skin? A dermatologist explains and offers some tips and tricks to soothe winter dry skin.