Multiple Sclerosis and Imuran Therapy
What Should I Do If I Forget to Take a Dose of Imuran?
If you forget to take a dose of Imuran, take it as soon as you remember and then continue to follow your regular dosing schedule.
How Should I Store Imuran?
- Store Imuran at room temperature.
- DO NOT store this medication in direct heat or light.
- DO NOT store this medication in the bathroom, near the kitchen sink, or in other damp places. Heat or moisture may cause it to break down.
- Keep this drug in the container it came in, tightly sealed.
- Do not keep outdated medicine.
- Keep this and other drugs out of the reach of children
Warning About Imuran:
If you're taking Imuran, call your doctor right away if you have any of these warning signs of infection:
Fever over 100°F (38°C).
- Sweats or chills.
Pain, tenderness, redness, or swelling.
- Wound or cut that won't heal.
- Red, warm, or draining sore.
Sore throat, scratchy throat or pain when swallowing.
- Sinus drainage, nasal congestion, headaches, or tenderness along upper cheekbones.
- Persistent, dry or moist cough that lasts more than two days.
- White patches in your mouth or on your tongue.
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
Flu-like symptoms (chills, aches, headache, or fatigue) or generally feeling "lousy."
- Trouble urinating: pain or burning, constant urge, or frequent urination
- Bloody, cloudy, or foul-smelling urine.
- If you have any other symptoms that cause concern.