Rash, Age 12 and Older - Check Your Symptoms
Call your doctor now or seek immediate medical care if:
- You have signs of infection, such as:
- Increased pain, swelling, warmth, or redness.
- Red streaks leading from the area.
- Pus draining from the area.
- A fever.
- You have joint pain along with the rash.
Watch closely for changes in your health, and be sure to contact your doctor if:
- Your rash is changing or getting worse. For example, call if you have pain along with the rash, the rash is spreading, or you have new blisters.
- You do not get better after 1 week.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
August 14, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.