To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- When were you bitten? How many times were you bitten? If you saved the tick, bring it with you to your doctor's appointment. If not, be prepared to describe the tick.
- What are your main symptoms?
- When did your symptoms begin? How have your symptoms developed, progressed, or changed since the bite?
- What home treatment have you tried? Did it help?
- When was your last tetanus shot?
- Have you traveled in the wilderness or in another country recently?
- Do you have any health risks?