Chronic Female Pelvic Pain - Home Treatment
You can try these steps at home to ease pelvic pain:
- Try nonprescription medicine, such as ibuprofen (for example, Advil or Motrin) or acetaminophen (for example, Tylenol).
- Try heat. Put a heating pad, a hot water bottle, or a warm compress on your lower belly, or take a warm bath. Heat improves blood flow and may relieve pain.
- For back pain, lie down and elevate your legs by placing a pillow under your knees. When lying on your side, bring your knees up to your chest.
- Try relaxation techniques, such as:
- Exercise regularly. It improves blood flow and reduces pain.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
April 03, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Chronic Female Pelvic Pain Topics