Breast Cancer Videos
- What Your Journey Could Look Like
Women of color are more likely to be diagnosed at a later stage, even stage IV. Here’s what to expect with treatment, starting with hormone-based therapy.
- Treatment Roadblocks
From early screenings to timely treatments, women of color are at a disadvantage.
- Why Genetic Testing Is Important
Why do you need to know if you have the mutation for breast cancer? An oncologist explains why women of color are especially hesitant to get tested.
- Deciding on Treatment for HER2-Positive Breast Cancer
Tailor your treatment plan by considering things like the size of your tumor and timing.
- What to Expect After HER2+ Breast Cancer Treatment
From start to finish, treatment can take a year, says oncologist Keerthi Gogineni, MD. After that, “a lot of it is trying to get back to normal.”
- Going Through HER2+ Breast Cancer Treatment Again
Been down this road before? There’s a lot to wrap your mind around, whether it’s a local recurrence or has spread.
- Where Breast Cancer Treatment Is Heading
Innovative breast cancer treatments are on the horizon, with a more personalized approach to diagnosis and care.
- What Is a Cold Cap?
The jury’s still out, but some women going through chemo say that cold caps help cut hair loss. What are the potential benefits and risks?
- Breast Cancer Roundtable With John Whyte, MD
John Whyte, MD, MPH, chief medical officer at WebMD, covers metastatic breast cancer with two oncology experts. Claudine Isaacs, MD, and Kathleen Harnden, MD, talk about exciting advances in treatment.
- The Stages of Early Breast Cancer
The first step after diagnosis is to determine the stage of your breast cancer. What’s the difference between stages 0 through III?
- The Promising Future of Treatment
Radical mastectomies used to be the go-to treatment for breast cancer, but now there are so many more routes that have specialists excited.
- What I Want My Future Family to Know About My Breast Cancer
At 19, Molly Mae was told she had breast cancer from the BRCA1 gene. Here’s what she wants her future husband and kids to know about her journey.
- How to Style a Wig During Cancer Treatment
During cancer treatment, wearing a wig can provide a sense of normalcy and comfort. Here’s how to style one so that it looks natural and flattering.
- Treatment Options for Early-Stage Breast Cancer
With an early-stage diagnosis, you have the advantages of time and options, says Ian T. Greenwalt, MD. Your detailed plan can span from surgery to chemo.
- Treatment Options
There are two surgery options to remove tumors from breast tissue: mastectomy and lumpectomy. The patient has some choice in the decision. Find out the differences and how they impact you going forward.
- First Steps After Your Diagnosis
A biopsy lets you and your doctor know a lot more about the cancer in your breast. The results will inform your treatment as well as the order in which procedures will be done.
- Candid Feelings After My Diagnosis
Lindsey Gerdes is living a full life with metastatic breast cancer, and she fills it with plans for the future. Living scan to scan is not an option for her.
- Inside a Doctor Visit
Approaching the 5-year mark, Christen Chandler talks with her doctor, Jane Meisel, MD, about her treatment plan and what it will look like in the future.
- Raising the Bar
Karen Whitehead is a therapist and advocate for women with advanced breast cancer. As much as she enjoys helping them through their journey, she’s also learned so much from them.
- Inside the Body: Benefits of Movement
Regular exercise helps your body and your brain in multiple ways.
- A Look at HER2+ Breast Cancer
Roughly 1 in 5 breast cancers are HER2+, meaning the diseased cells in your breast grow and divide uncontrollably.
- What Happens With Bone Metastasis?
Bones are a common site for breast cancer to spread. How do doctors manage the pain?
- What Is Metastatic Breast Cancer?
What makes breast cancer stage IV? And how does that impact your treatment plan?
- What Happens When Breast Cancer Spreads
The type of breast cancer plays a role in when it becomes metastatic.
- Stage IV Breast Cancer Treatment Options
An oncologist lays out what to consider before stage IV breast cancer treatment, and how the right option can help manage symptoms and maintain your quality of life.
- Find the Right Metastatic Breast Cancer Treatment for You
The most effective treatment depends on what type of breast cancer you have. An oncologist explains what factors come into play when making a decision.
- What Determines Your Stage of Breast Cancer?
How big is your tumor? Has the cancer spread? Here’s a list of questions your doctor will consider when diagnosing a stage.
- The Truth About Breast Cancer Treatments
Does everyone with breast cancer need a mastectomy? Can it come back afterward? The answers to common questions surrounding breast cancer treatments.
- Where Can Metastatic Breast Cancer Spread?
If breast cancer spreads, it usually goes to one or more of these body parts.
- Best Therapy for Me
What are my treatment options for advanced breast cancer?
- Beyond Treatment: Lean on Your Team
What resources can you rely on outside of friends and family? Different members of your care team can help connect you to your needs.
- Advanced HER2-Negative Breast Cancer Treatments
What treatments work best if you’ve been diagnosed with either HER2-positive or HER2-negative breast cancer?
- Cutting-Edge Treatment for HER2-Negative Cancer
HER2-negative cancer treatments not only have advanced, but they're also much easier to take.
- Finding Support
The moments you turn inward can be the most crucial time to reach out to others for help.
- Treating The Side Effects
Curb these common discomforts that can arise after cancer treatment.
- The Role of Hormone Receptors in Breast Cancer
How do doctors use hormone therapy to slow the growth of tumors?
- How Clinical Trials Work
Clinical trials test the safety and effectiveness of new treatments. What qualifies you for one, and what’s the process like?
- 5 Must-Know Breast Cancer Facts
What lowers your chances of getting breast cancer? Learn this and a few more facts about this disease.
- 5 Must-Share Men’s Breast Cancer Facts
How many males become diagnosed with breast cancer compared to females?
- How to Stretch After Breast Cancer Surgery
Ask your doctor if these gentle, post-surgery moves are right for you.
- What to Expect: Breast Cancer
One survivor’s story on her cancer treatment and how she found support and hope in a scary situation.
- Early Breast Cancer and Watchful Waiting
With an early, stage 0 form of breast cancer, should you attack it head-on or keep a close eye?
- Breast Cancer Genetics
Cecelia Bellcross, PhD discusses genetic testing for breast cancer.
- Angelina Jolie and the Power of the Informed Decision
Dr. Kathy Miller comments on the importance of genetic testing in women at high risk for breast cancer so that they can make personal, informed decisions about their care, as Angelina Jolie has done.
- When Cancer Pain Returns
Julie Silver talks about when cancer pain returns.
- Improve Sleep When You Have Cancer
Cancer survivor Dr. Julie Silver has tips for better sleep while recovering from cancer.
- The Pain of Cancer Treatment
Julie Silver, MD, a cancer survivor, talks about the pain associated with cancer treatment.