It can be hard to figure out when you have the flu and not just a cold. Look for these symptoms:
When to Call Your Doctor
- You have these symptoms, and you also have a weakened immune system because of cancer, diabetes, AIDS, or other conditions.
- You have symptoms and a serious illness like heart, lung, or kidney disease, brittle asthma, or chronic anemia. You���re more likely to have problems with the flu, and your doctor should watch you closely.
- You have trouble breathing.
- You have a headache associated with a stiff neck.
- Your fever lasts more than 3 or 4 days, you get short of breath while resting, and you have chest pain. You may have pneumonia.
- Your nasal drainage is yellow or green and has lasted for more than 10 days. You could have a sinus infection.