IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
(1) Jacqueline Veissid / Blend Images
(2) Lisa Stirling / Photographer's Choice RF
(3) Steve Pomberg / WebMD
(4) Pamplemousse / OJO Images
(5) Jose Luis Pelaez Inc / Blend Images
(6) Erik Isakson / Blend Images
(7) Bambu Productions / Taxi
(8) Steve Pomberg / WebMD
(9) Jose Luis Pelaez / The Image Bank
(10) Brad Wilson / Stone
(11) Mel Yates / Digital Vision
(12) Comstock Images
(13) Steve Pomberg / WebMD
(14) IAN HOOTON / Science Photo Library
(15) IAN HOOTON / Science Photo Library
(16) altrendo images / Thinkstock
Colberg, S. Diabetes Care, December 2010.
University of New Mexico: "Training Clients with Diabetes."
National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse: "What I need to know about Physical Activity and Diabetes."
American College of Sports Medicine: "Reducing Sedentary Behaviors," "A Strength Training Program for Your Home."
American Council on Exercise: "Standing Dumbbell Overhead Triceps Extension," "Seated Row," "Bent-Knee Sit-Up/Crunches."
Diabetes Action Research and Education Foundation: "Resistance Isn't Always Futile: Strength Training in Diabetes."
Reviewed by Michael Dansinger, MD on December 15, 2016
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.