Weight Loss Success With Type 2 Diabetes
- Simple Swaps to Help Lower Blood Sugar
Looking to lower your sugar? Try these switches to help curb blood glucose levels.
- Blood Sugar Testing Mistakes to Avoid
You know how to test your blood sugar levels at home. But do you know what not to do? Learn some common mistakes and how to avoid them.
- Prediabetes Diet
Learn what to eat -- and possibly stop diabetes in in its tracks -- when you’ve been diagnosed with prediabetes.
- Prevention Tips for Diabetic Retinopathy
If diabetes isn’t controlled, it can eventually rob you of your eyesight. Get tips on how to control your blood sugar and save your vision.
- Rise Above and Thrive With Type 2 Diabetes
How can you not just manage your diabetes, but get the best of it every day? Our panel of diabetes experts share their favorite tips to help make your journey easier and more hopeful.
- Heart-Smart Foods for Type 2 Diabetes
The same high-nutrient, high-fiber foods can help you manage blood sugar and keep your heart healthy. These choices are among the tastiest, too.
- Chronic Conditions Common in Minorities
Racial and ethnic minorities in the U.S. are more likely to have ongoing health conditions like diabetes, obesity, and asthma. What's the correlation?
- Diabetes and Skin Conditions
Learn how uncontrolled blood sugar and other problems with diabetes can affect your body’s largest organ -- your skin.
- Tasty, Diabetes-Friendly Breakfast Ideas
Start your day off right with a healthy morning meal. These tasty breakfasts will help keep your blood sugar levels steady and hunger at bay.
- Low-Carb Choices for Fast Food
Low carb and fast food don’t often go together. Here’s how to spot unhealthy carbs and make better choices from the menu.
- How to Care for Your Heart With Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes means you’re much more prone to heart problems. Follow this advice to protect your ticker.
- Meal Planning Tips to Control Blood Sugar Levels
Controlling your blood sugar is ultra-important if you have type 1 diabetes. Here are some ways you can keep your levels under control.
- What to Do About Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy
This nerve damage is a common complication of both type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Find out how to prevent it, slow its progression, and deal with symptoms.
- What Your Friends With Diabetes Want You to Know
Understand the ins and outs of daily life with diabetes, from the perspective of your friend living with the disease.
- Reasons You Feel Burning in Your Feet
The feeling of burning in your feet isn’t just an annoyance. It might also be a sign of a more serious condition. Find out more about what can make your feet burn.
- How Blood Sugar Levels Affect Your Body
High blood sugar can be a sign of diabetes or prediabetes. The drugs that treat it sometimes cause low blood sugar too. WebMD helps guide you through the effects of both.
- 12 Ways Too Much Sugar Harms Your Body
The bitter truth: How too much sugar can harm your physical and mental health.
- Veggies That Are Healthy Sources of Carbs
Not all carbs are equal. Veggies with lots of nutrients and fiber are a good way to balance out a high carb count. Learn about the options.
- Guide to Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy
Diabetes can damage the nerves that help you feel pain, heat, and cold, especially in your feet. Learn about the symptoms of diabetic peripheral neuropathy and the problems it can cause, what you can do about it, and how to prevent it.
- Type 1 Diabetes and Your Child: Complications to Watch For
When your child has type 1 diabetes, it's important to know how it can affect her body. From nerve damage to eye problems, here are some problems to be aware of.
- How to Protect Your Eyes When You Have Diabetes
Having diabetes means you're more likely to have eye problems that can lead to vision loss. Find out what you can do to help prevent that.
- Heart-Healthy Goals if You Have Type 2 Diabetes
Learn how diet, exercise, medicine, and other strategies can help you cut your chance of heart disease if you have type 2 diabetes.
- How to Manage Diabetes at Work
It isn’t always easy to get through the workday when you have type 1 diabetes. These tips can help you make it from 9 to 5.
- Blood Sugar Basics: Terms You Should Know
These are some of the most common words and phrases you might hear when you're talking to your doctor about metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, or diabetes.
- Why Have I Lost Weight Without Trying?
You can expect to lose weight if you’re eating less or exercising more. But if it happens when you’re not doing those things, it can be a sign of a health problem. Find out more about what can cause it.
- Your Type 1 Diabetes Care Plan
'Winging it' doesn't cut it for type 1 diabetes. You need a plan to manage your blood sugar. Here's what you should think about and why.
- Best Diets When You Have Diabetes
Which popular eating plans are safe and effective? The right diet will help you control your blood sugar, get a handle on your weight, and feel better.
- The Best Exercises If You Have Diabetes
If you have diabetes, some exercises may be more helpful to you than others. Make the most of your training time.
- Type 2 Diabetes: What to Order When You Dine Out
Eating out with diabetes can be tricky. Use the tips in this slideshow to have a healthy restaurant meal that fits with your meal plan.
- Conditions That Affect Your Kidneys
Your kidneys help filter all the waste products your body builds up in its natural processes. Learn more about the medical problems that can harm them.
- 14 Things to Know If Your Kid Has Type 1 Diabetes
When a child is diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, it’s a big adjustment. But kids with type 1 can, and do, lead active, healthy lives.
- Prediabetes: You Can Turn It Around
Prediabetes can be a wake-up call. Click through to find out what you can do if you have it.
- 8 Simple Snacks That Won’t Spike Your Blood Sugar
Do you have both diabetes and the munchies? WebMD shows you simple snacks that can keep your tummy -- and your blood sugar -- happy.
- Time Your Workout Snacks Wisely
Don’t let a workout send your blood sugar too low. These healthy snacks can keep you going strong.
- What Are the Complications of Diabetes?
If diabetes is out of control, it can affect many different parts of your body over time. Find out about the complications that can happen with your eyes, heart, kidneys, and more – and how to lower your risk.
- A Visual Guide to Insulin Resistance
Insulin helps your cells make energy. Sometimes it stops working, and your blood sugar builds up. Find out what that does to your body and what you can do about it.
- Your Diabetes Supply Kit
If an emergency or disaster means you have to leave home, you’ll need to bring along supplies to take care of your diabetes. Know the items you should keep handy.
- What You Can Drink, Besides Water, When You Have Diabetes
If you're tired of drinking only water, enjoy these versions of your favorite classic drinks when you’re managing type 2 diabetes.
- Slideshow: Diabetes-Friendly Drinks and Cocktails
It’s fine to have a glass of wine, a beer, or a cocktail when you have diabetes, but you need to be careful. Here are tips and tricks to help you make good choices.
- 10 Muscle Moves to Help Tame Diabetes
If you have diabetes, strengthening your muscles can help control your blood sugar. This slideshow tells you how to get started.
- Slideshow: Diabetes and Eating Well at Summer Parties
If you have diabetes, you have to watch your diet carefully, but you can still enjoy summer parties. Follow these tips for keeping your blood sugar stable at warm-weather get-togethers.
- How to Care for Your Feet When You Have Diabetes
When you have diabetes, small problems with your feet can quickly turn serious. Here's how to keep them healthy.
- 20 Reasons for Blood Sugar Swings
Food and beverages aren't the only things that can make your blood sugar levels jump or dip. Learn some surprising causes for blood sugar swings.
- Best and Worst Meals for Diabetes-Savvy Dining
Eating for blood sugar control? Our pictures help you avoid carb-crazy meals and find better combinations that retain all the foods and flavors you love.
- Essential Tips to Manage Diabetes
Diabetes means you have to watch your diet and medicines closely. Use these tips to manage your condition every day.
- Diabetes and Eye Problems
Learn what eye and vision problems are more likely when you have diabetes, what treatments are available, and what you can do to prevent them.
- Slideshow: What Your Feet Say About Your Health
Cold feet, misshapen nails, swelling, and numbness can be warning signs of illness. Our pictures help sort out when to call the doctor or simply put on socks and put your feet up.
- Slideshow: How to Count Carbs When You Use Insulin
Counting carb grams helps control your blood sugar levels if you take insulin for diabetes. This slideshow explains why the practice can help you stay in good health.
- Slideshow: Diabetes and Your Mouth
High blood sugar can cause damage throughout the body, including in your mouth. See why oral and dental care is key when you have diabetes.