Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
1) SEBASTIAN KAULITZKI / Science Photo Library / Medical Images
2) vladans / Thinkstock
3) osheaphotography / Thinkstock
4) iLexx / Thinkstock
5) Nikolay_Donetsk / Thinkstock
6) photocritical / Thinkstock
7) Krishna Kumar / Thinkstock
8) Jose Luis Pelaez Inc. / Getty Images
9) Mike Watson Images / Thinkstock
10) cassinga / Thinkstock
11) Avatar_023 / Thinkstock
12) Dr_Microbe / Thinkstock
13) Foodcollection / Getty Images
14) Ridofranz / Thinkstock
15) Karl Weatherly / Thinkstock
CDC: “About Parasites,” “Travelers’ Diarrhea.”
Mayo Clinic: “Dehydration.”
National Institutes of Health: “Gastroenteritis,” “Foodborne Illnesses,” “Viral Gastroenteritis.”
Reviewed by Jaydeep Bhat, MD, MPH on March 18, 2019
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.