Who should not take GEMCITABINE HCL?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- an infection
- hemolytic uremic syndrome, a condition that affects the kidney and the blood
- decreased function of bone marrow
- decreased blood platelets
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- capillary leak syndrome, a condition where fluid leaks out of small blood vessels
- a type of inflammation of the lung called interstitial pneumonitis
- acute respiratory distress syndrome, a type of lung disorder
- hardening of the liver caused by alcohol
- hardening of the liver
- inflammation of the liver called hepatitis
- damage to the liver and inflammation
- decreased kidney function
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- a type of brain disorder called posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome
- cancer that has spread to the liver
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using gemcitabine HCL vial?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.