Who should not take DONEPEZIL HCL?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- low amount of magnesium in the blood
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- neuroleptic malignant syndrome, a reaction characterized by fever, muscle rigidity and confusion
- a heart attack
- heart attack within the last 30 days
- atrioventricular block, a type of slow heart rhythm disorder
- torsades de pointes, a type of abnormal heart rhythm
- sick sinus syndrome
- sinus bradycardia
- prolonged QT interval on EKG
- sudden and serious symptoms of heart failure called acute decompensated heart failure
- abnormal EKG with QT changes from birth
- stomach or intestinal ulcer
- bleeding of the stomach or intestines
- blockage of the urinary bladder
- a condition with muscle tissue breakdown called rhabdomyolysis
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using donepezil HCL?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.