Who should not take ?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- diarrhea from an infection with Clostridium difficile bacteria
- low amount of magnesium in the blood
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- myasthenia gravis, a skeletal muscle disorder
- hearing loss
- torsades de pointes, a type of abnormal heart rhythm
- slow heartbeat
- prolonged QT interval on EKG
- chronic heart failure
- abnormal EKG with QT changes from birth
- liver problems
- abnormal liver function tests
- a yellowing of the eyes or skin from buildup of bilirubin called jaundice
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using azithromycin hydrogen citrate intravenous?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.